The Monsters Come Out At Night

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that its probably best to keep her powers a secret. Sure talking to spirits from another dimension isn't dangerous, but if the government is rounding up people with abilities, she is not about to be the next one added to the grab list.

"Okay, so remember I can't really talk to guys when I'm in front of other people," Raven tells them as she zips up her jacket. She anxiously looks out the window. Ben should be here any minute.

"Do you have everything?" The Dark Magician asks.

She pats her mini back pack lying on the table. "Yup, I'm bringing you all with me tonight. If any agents decide to do anything while I'm gone, I want you guys with me and not sitting here defenseless."

"I think its a smart move," An amazon woman with flowing blue hair appears. Her long red and purple skirt split up to her thighs is paired with a sleeveless half black top lined with yellow petals along the bottom are covered with an animal skin cape that has a long matching petal collar.

Her beads and bangles clang together as she points her spear at Moon Envoy who also appears from nowhere, "Wouldn't you agree Envoy?"

Moon Envoy raises his left hand in sarcastic defeat while his other hand holds onto his own weapon, "Relax Amazoness Sage. I didn't come to oppose. Just to let Yumi know that boy and girl are here."

Raven quickly looks out the window. The two spirits' sudden appearances had distracted her. Different spirits have been popping in and out all day. Unlike last night when she had to invite them to her world, they came and went as they pleased. And strangely enough, they always seem to know exactly what Raven is doing and saying the moment before they pop in. Its like that whole inviting a vampire into your home thing except Raven doesn't mind them coming in. She is just glad she has had the day off today to practice not jumping in surprise every time they pop in.

"Thanks. And remember, try not to pop in until we are in the movie theater." The four spirits nod in understanding and fade away. Raven takes a deep breath, slings her bag over her shoulder and heads out the door.

Please be here when I get back. She begs the house silently.

"I'm thinking of an action movie," Gwen announces once they reach the expressway. "Its totally fitting for the way the world is right now."

"Totally," Raven agrees half-heartedly. Being out and trying to act normal just deepens the guilt Raven feels inside. If she has just gotten her powers sooner then she would still be a Thyme and she would have been taken rather than left behind. Lucky for her, Ben and Gwen are used to her not talking much so they don't notice her gloomier disposition.

The car ride is filled with Gwen telling Ben all about her college problems and how busy her life has gotten with al the classes she takes, not to mention her job and the clubs she's apart of.

"That's why I have no time to eat," she concludes.

"You have super speed now," Raven points out, "you should be able to make time."

"its not that easy," Gwen defends, "You try having to deal with having powers and a crazy family and college and a job and - "

"I get it," Raven interrupts, "You have a lot going on. I'm sorry."

"Why are you apologizing?" The Amazoness Sage asks in curiosity. Raven just shakes her head and slumps further down in her chair. Going out is definitely a mistake.

"We're here," Ben announces hoping to change the subject. He whips his yellow Camaro into a parking spot. Gwen starts talking about college again, but this time Raven doesn't bother listening. She's not in the mood anymore.