Chapter 1

Riley's POV
"Riley!" I faintly hear someone yell. I groan rolling over slightly as I go back to sleep. "Riley!" I hear again but a little louder. I immediately heard footsteps storming into my room and my covers immediately ripped off of me.

"Go away." I moaned as I tried to grab my covers back.

"Riley you have 10 minutes to get your butt downstairs for school now!" My mother yelled. Geez someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. I groan to myself again. Ugh I hate Monday's.

After my mother went back downstairs I reluctantly got up and slowly made my way to the bathroom. I brush my teeth and gently comb my hair before I make my way back to my room to get dressed.

When I get back to my room I hear my phone buzz. I walk over and unplug it before checking to see that I've had a text from Chloe.

Chloe-Hey girly you still coming to school with me again?? xo

Me-Of course I am I come with you every morning xo

Chloe-K just checking oh and btw I have a surprise for you xo

I wonder what that surprise will be...

--------
After getting dressed I make my way downstairs. As soon as I enter the kitchen I see my mom sitting on one end of the table and my father on the other eating breakfast. Looks like they've had another argument.

"Morning Ri." My father sighs.

"Good morning." I reply sitting down in my usual spot. My mom gets up from her seat and hands me my breakfast before sitting down again. I begin eating as we all sit there in an awkward silence.

"Where's Em?" I asked breaking the silence.

"She's at Steph's." My mom replies. "And Matty's gone out with his girlfriend." Ugh they're always the lucky ones. (A/N I know I didn't mention him in the prologue but Matty is Emily and Riley's older brother)

"I'm gonna go." I tell them both as I stand up and grab my bag.

"Alright sweetie have a good day." My mother replies.

"Bye." I exit the house and make my way slowly across to Chloe's next door.

When I arrived I knocked on the door and waited for a couple of seconds before Chloe opened the door.

"Hey girl!" She exclaimed pulling me into a hug.

"Hey Chlo." I sighed. She pulled away and looked at me.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"It's nothing Chlo don't worry."

"Ri." She sighs. "You've obviously forgotten that we've known each other for years and I know everything about you girl so I'll ask you again what's wrong?

"It's just my parents. They're fighting again." I tell her.

"Don't worry Riley." She says pulling me into another hug. "Everything will be ok."

"I sure hope so." I sigh. "So what's this surprise?" I ask excitedly changing the subject.

"Well..." she says. "A certain someone's come home."

"Who?" I ask. Then I hear a deep familiar voice from right behind Chloe.

"Me..."