Chapter 7

A few days later...

Riley's POV
"Alright guys, I hope you all have a great summer and I can't wait to see you next year." Our teacher says just as the bell rings signalling the end of school but no one's really listening to him as we're all collecting our stuff and trying to make an exit as quick as possible.

I make my way out of class after saying goodbye to a couple of my friends before making my way out the double doors of the school. I look around and see James standing by his car talking to Eldon. I don't know him that well but he is in some of my classes and he's also quite popular but that's just because he's captain of the football team and everyone loves him because of it, especially the girls... yet he doesn't have a girlfriend...? I wonder why...

"Hey guys." I say when I approach them both.

"Oh hey Riles." James replies. I give him a quick hug before turning to Eldon.

"Eldon, this is Riley." James says to him. "She's Chloe's best friend." Ugh I hate it when he only introduces me as Chloe's friend because I'm his friend as well and I can't but think that maybe he's too ashamed to call me his friend but it wouldn't surprise me to be honest considering that he's older than me. It's probably 'uncool' to be hanging out with your little sisters friend.

"Oh hey Riley." Eldon replies. I haven't actually ever had a proper conversation with him for a while. He's too self-centred for my liking. "Wait... aren't you Emily's younger sister?" He asks. That's another thing I hate being called. It's not that I hate my sister because I don't I love her but she's quite well known and everyone loves her so most people only know me as Emily's little sister.

"Um yeah." I reply.

"Ok..." He replies and I don't know why but I feel like he's hiding something but I don't know what... "Anyway I gotta go, bye guys!" He says before making a quick exit. Yeah he's also kinda weird...

"Anyway." I begin while turning my attention back to James. "What you doing?"

"I'm just waiting for Chloe." He replies. "Do you wanna wait and have a lift so you don't have to walk home?"

"Um yeah ok thanks." I reply.

Chloe's POV
I make my way out of school and begin scanning the car park for James. I immediately spot him talking and laughing with Riley. I can't help but watch them both for a while before I hear someone's voice behind me.

"Who's that?" A voice says from behind me. I quickly turn around and see Michelle, or 'Miss Baldesarra' we now have to call her. She used to be a student here a couple of years ago and she annoyed the hell out of Riley and I. Now she's come back to train as a teacher, I don't know why though, I don't see her as the teaching type to be honest.

"That's James." I reply. "My brother."

"Oh." She says. "And that's Riley right?"

"Yep."

"Is she his girlfriend?"

"No."

"Good." She replies before walking away. Good? What does she mean good? Oh please don't say that she likes James now? I don't want her dating my brother! But he wouldn't be dumb enough to fall for someone like that, would he? Actually to be honest he probably would...

I slowly make my over to them both back by the car.

"Hey guys." I say while giving them both a fake smile.

"Oh hey Chlo." Riley replies.

"Hey sis." James says.

"What are you guys doing?" I ask.

"Waiting for you." They reply together. "Come on Chlo." James says before we all get into his car and make our way home.

Riley's POV
"Thanks guys." I thank them as I get out of the car when we arrive home.

"No problem Ri." James says. I give them both a quick hug before getting out of the car and making my into the house.

"Hello!" I call out.

"We're in here Riley!" My mom calls out from the living room. I walk in and find my mom and dad on one couch and Matty and Em on the other one.

"Sit down Ri." My father says gesturing to the couch. I sit in between my two siblings before my parents begin to speak.

"Now." My dad began. "Your mother and I have been having some problems at the moment as you know and we've tried to solve them as best as we can but we've both come to the realisation that we can't fix this and we're both unhappy and we're making you guys unhappy so that's why we've decided that maybe it's best for everyone if we got a divorce..."

What!?

A/N I'm sorry it took me so long to update but I've been really busy with homework and stuff but here you go I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'll try to update again soon xo