Iris Message

Iris messages are weird.

James, Madi, and I walked into any alley to make the call. Madi positioned James so when he summoned water, the sun would catch it and make a rainbow. James waved his hand and a rusty pipe broke. The water sprayed out everywhere. I covered my face with my hands and spit out water.

"Sorry" James apologized.

"It's fine" I said.

He moved his hand in a swirling motion and the water obeyed. The water arced and the sun caught it. Madi quickly threw in a drachma and it disappeared.

"Oh goddess accept our offering " she moaned. The water shimmered and Eric, Dan, and Gabriella appeared.

"We got something. Meet us on High Street" Madi commanded.

"Yes ma'am" Dan mocked.

Madi glared him and then swept her hand through the image.

"That was fast" I said.

"No need to dwell, is my motto" Madi said. We made another call to MK, Megan, and Sadie and with the same drill. James, Madi, and I all started north, up to High Street.

*************************************

There was a beautiful hall blasting with pop music coming up the street.

Bingo.

We all walked up to the pristine glass doors. I pulled them open. Inside there was a small glass room, and then more doors leading to the reception room. We decided to wait for the other groups. Not long after, Gabriella, Dan, and Eric arrived. 4 of us stood in silence while James and Dan talked. About a long half hour later, MK, Megan, and Sadie arrived.

"Sorry we took so long" MK started while glaring at Sadie, "Someone delayed us. Now what's the plan?"

Everyone looked towards me. I almost forgot that I was the leader.

"Oh, um, right. So first we gotta get in. Sadie, you need to charmspeak the receptionist, telling her that we are on the list. And we only need 4 people. Since this is a wedding reception, we need 2 girls and 2 boys to, ya know, dance with each other. The rest will stay out here and surround the building to make sure that this man doesn't try to escape. I'm going inside" I explained.

"I'll go with you!" James jumped in before anyone else could have even blinked. MK eyed me and made a kissy face. I made a stone cold stare at her and she laughed.

"I'll go, too" Gabriella said, "So I can pummel this guy if it gets to that point"

Eric stepped back. I don't blame him, I wouldn't want to dance with her either.

"I-I'll go. I can keep this girl in check" Dan stepped up.

"Okay, so the rest of you guys surround the building. If we need help, we'll find a way to send a signal" I said.

"Got it" Madi assured.

All 9 of us walked into the building.