Eagle

MK and I sprinted up the mountain after that. We trekked through the forests, but thankfully MK used her awesome, yet weird, plant powers or whatever to move the plants. Our breathing was so heavy, I though I was going to pass out.

   Eventually we made it to the top. Right in front of my eyes, I was watching the most brutal thing in Greek mythology unfold. The punishment of Prometheus flashed through my mind as the eagle plummeted towards the Titan.

   After Zeus found out that Prometheus gave Earth the first fire to help out man kind, he had a tantrum. Zeus chained Prometheus to a rock on the top of a mountain and every day an eagle would come and slowly rip out his liver. Prometheus would feel the fetal pain for the rest of his life. Every night, Prometheus's liver painfully grew back and the eagle came back. Prometheus was left there in the harsh elements for thousands of years.

   MK and I turned away as the eagle went and tore open Prometheus's stomach. The Titan let out another scream. Before she knew what she was doing, MK waved her hand and began pulling the eagle away from Prometheus. Then, MK took another vine and wrapped it around the eagle's neck. A slow gagging sound filled the air until the bird dropped off the mountain. Thunder rumbled from over head.

   I ran over to Prometheus and worked to get his chains off. They were on tight, but nothing a dagger couldn't handle. I sawed through the metal and it glowed red hot. MK threw ambrosia in his mouth, but I questioned that. Would it heal a Titan? I dunno.

   His face was twisted in pain, but it began to relax. It was sad because he looked used to the pain.

"Who are you?" Prometheus struggled to get out.

"Demigods on a quest" MK said.

Prometheus nodded.
"Why would you save me? You surely must know that you could get in major trouble with the gods"

"Because we need answers, and you're somewhat innocent" I began, "So where's the first flame?"

"Well, I don't actually have it. And I don't know where it is"

"What?!" MK yelled.

"I do know something, though"

"Please do tell" MK mocked.

Prometheus rolled his eyes.
"A child of Hades has it. He is in the Underworld. He doesn't know he has it, but he does. And it's not your friend that is at the bottom of the mountain, it is his brother. You must travel to the Underworld and get it"

MK sighed.
"This quest is so much work"

"But you, my child" Prometheus said, looking at me, "You will learn the ugly truth when you are down there. You will have stay behind while your friends get the Flame, and you will be consumed by your past. When your friends possibly collect the Flame, only then you can leave"

"Wha-what?" I blurted, confused.

More thunder cracked from above.

"You should go now, before Zeus realizes what happened"

Before I could process what was happening, MK grabbed my hand and yanked me into the trails. She ran fast and I stumbled along behind her. We made it to the bottom in less than no time and MK began explaining what Prometheus said to the others. She was talking a mile a minute.

   I just stood there, looking confused. I could barely comprehends what Prometheus had said to me.

Hopefully I wasn't suppose to understand.

Hey, so apparently I've already neglected my New Years Resolution because it's been a lot longer than I would have liked from my last update. Also, today in the media is the last time I'll be doing the character pictures. Please comment telling me if you liked it or not. Good byeeeeeeee.