Candles Part 2

Imagine: Shawn and Camila have their wedding. But, it may not turn out to be as perfect as they thought it would be. 

Camila's POV

     I lightly brush away and eyelash off of my face as I wait for my hairdresser to finish styling my hair. Today is my wedding day. I cannot decide whether I am more excited or nervous. 

     "Would you like for your hair to be put up or left down?" asks my hairdresser as I look up at myself in the mirror. 

     "I would like it put up, if you don't mind," I reply softly. I am definitely more nervous.

     "It's my job, Camila. Why would I mind?" she asks.

     "I don't know," I say as I smile slightly. I cannot believe that I am really getting married.

     I spend the next two hours getting my makeup touched up and my dress tinkered with. After that has been done, I am ready to get married. 

     "Is today really happening?" I ask as I approach the mirror. I have always felt like someone in a different universe can her me talking if I speak into a mirror. That thought honestly frightens me a bit, as I will never know whether it is true or not. "I hope it goes well."

                                                                                                        ~

     "Are you ready for this?" asks my makeup artist as she touches up my makeup one last time before its time to walk down the aisle.

     "I'll have to be," I reply, feeling even more nervous than before. Something tells me that this is going to go terribly wrong.

     "Well, its time for me to send you over to the carpet," she says, referring to the carpet that I will be walking down to get to Shawn.

     "Okay," I respond.

     I am directed over to the carpet that is representing an aisle for this wedding. No one is here except for some photographers and the stylists. We wanted our wedding to be fairly private. But, we will be doing another short ceremony for our families sometime soon.

     I take my first step onto the carpet as music starts playing. I look past the alter and directly at a painting that is hanging on the wall. I need to stop myself from shaking like an earthquake.

     "Camila, you-" Shawn begins to say. He is cut off by the sound of the fire alarm. 

     "Please stay calm and evacuate the building," states the owner of the building that we are in.

     Luckily, everyone finds their way out of the building safely. I quickly scan the group of people standing around me, searching for Shawn. As soon as I spot him, I scoot my way over to him.

     "What are we going to do?" I ask him as I finally approach him.

     "I've been thinking about that, actually," he begins. "I think I know of a great place where we can exchange vows in peace."

     "Then what are you waiting for? Let's go!"

                                                                                                      ~

     "And that's why I love you," finishes Shawn. He has just shared his vow, and now its my turn.

     "Okay, this might be a bit different from your typical wedding vow, but this is the best thing that I could come up," I say. Suddenly, all of my nerves from before seem to disappear.

     "I want to hear it," he says as I seem to fall into a pit of silence.

     "I usually try to recreate the past. You see, I have always had a hard time letting go of memories. For example, I always light a candle and try to stay awake until it burns out, just as I did on Christmas eve with my cousin. It makes me feel like a child again...I often dream of being a child again. But, you have showed me that letting go of memories can be a good thing. I want to thank you for that. Without that twenty minute speech you gave me about letting go a memories, I would still be going to an imaginary carnival with my imaginary friend," I break for a moment to adjust my dress.

     "I cannot tell you how thankful I am that it is you that will be lighting my candle," I continue. "I have brought a small candle and a lighter that I would like you to light for me."

     Shawn takes the lighter from my hand and carefully lights the small white candle I have in my other hand.

     "Now we can grow old together as the wax of this candle melts away," I say after the candle has been lit.

     "Are you implying that we are going to die after this candle melts away?" he asks.

     "Maybe...if we only light this one day per year," I reply.

     "Well, then I'll see you next year, little candle."

Author's Note: I would like to thank erebear3 for suggesting this. I probably would have completely ignored the opportunity to write a wedding imagine if it weren't for your suggestion. Also, thanks to everyone who has read and voted for this so far. Again, I am going to try to update this every other day. Thank you for reading!