Dear Jace: I Miss You

Dear Jace,  

  I can't take it anymore. I just can't. You have been gone for over a month now and haven't mailed a single thing. I spend hours in my room, crying and moping around like some sick dog because I just miss you so much that I honestly don't know what to do with myself anymore. Come home Jace, just please, I'm begging you, come home. I don't know what I can write to convince you, because I know nothing can. It's just, oh I can't exactly explain it, but do you remember our first date?

     You took me to the movies, a classic place to go for dates. I remember it was a horror movie, I forgot the name. Anyways, the person behind me jumped out of their seat, and their bucket of popcorn flew out of their hands and landed right on top of my head! I haven't laughed that that much in a long time. It's...different when your not here. I wake up every morning in our bed, expecting to see you peacefully sleeping beside me. But you are never there. That's when I remember that instead of sleeping with me, your sleeping in a barrack, across the world. We are so far apart and so close at the same time.

I think we both know the saying let peace be on earth. But I have a confession. I'm afraid to say that I honestly don't think peace will ever surround the whole world. Not with all of these disasters happening today. There are two types of people: the good, and the bad. The good are kind, and caring people. The bad are rude, and inconsiderate, dreadful people. People that just need to go away. And it's those type of people that are making the dream of peace so hard to achieve. At times, I feel hope, that maybe, just maybe it could happen. But then, another horrible event would occur and that little bit of hope I once had is shattered. Jace, the world is changing every second of the day and there is nothing we can do about it. The only thing I think we really can do is fight. I know you won't be coming home anytime soon like I would like, so give it your best shot and fight like you've never fought before. Do to for me. Do it for your friends, do it for peace in our country and everywhere around us.

Don't stop fighting,

Clarise