Part 1

Y/n- your name
Y/l/n- your last name

Warnings: violence

Please tell me what you think!!

"We have a 10-13! I repeat we have a 10-13 over on 13th and Watercrest! Requesting back up and a bus forthwith!"

Jamie radioed frantically, trying to make his way over to Jenko from where he was pinned down by gunfire.

"This is Officer y/l/n and Kelley responding, we are 2 away from the scene." You replied over the com.

Your partner sped past cars honking and clearing the way as you flew into the scene. You could see officers Jenko and Reagan separated by a building where Reagan was engaging the criminals, Jenko was leaning against the wall, weapon in one hand, and covering her shoulder with the other.

"Kelley, you pull Jenko behind the car, I'll help Reagan draw fire away from you." You said drawing your weapon.

"Copy." He said nodding.

"Reagan coming in behind you." You radioed as you hopped out of the car bullets flying past your head. You sprinted towards the building where you ducked for cover.

"What's the situation?" You asked.

"We responded to a convenience store robbery, the perps had bigger weapons than we expected. As the owner and the two people in the store fled, Jenko caught one in the left shoulder trying to draw their fire away from the civilians, but because of the doorway I couldn't make it over to her. Thankfully you guys showed up, and the bus said it's 3 out. That was maybe two minutes ago." He explained, the both of you leaning with your backs against the wall.

Just then a bus and two other patrol cars arrived on scene, along with Danny and Jackie.

"Hey knuckleheads! What are you doing playing tag with bullets? Haven't I told you Rookies that's dangerous?" Danny asked crouching next to you.

"Hey Grandpa! Didn't even realize you were on the force still, I'd thought you'd retired," you shot back.

"Haha you're very funny, what's going on?" Danny asked seriously.

Jamie filled in Danny while Jackie and the other officers laid down coverfire so Kelley could pull Jenko out.

Once Jenko was clear, and you, Danny and Jamie were safely behind cover, Danny formulated a plan, while Jamie checked on Eddie. You tried to pay attention, but we're a little distracted by Jamie stroking her hair in the back of the ambulance.

"Hey Y/l/n, What the hell is so damn important that you aren't paying attention?" Danny asked angrily. Jackie smacked him and pointed over at what you were looking at. Danny's face softening when he saw. He walked over and gently squeezed your shoulder and sighed while you stared down at the ground.

"Hang in there kid." Danny said frowning. You just shuffeled your feet and nodded your head.

Jamie walked back over, "You guys ready to roll?"

"Yup. Jenko ok?" You asked courtly, checking your weapon, avoiding eye contact with him.

"Yeah, they said she's gonna be fine, it hit her vest, but she most likely cracked a few ribbs. You ok?" He asked studying you.

"I'm fine. Let's roll." You said walking over to the team that you were entering the building with.

"Geez." Jamie said to Danny and Jackie.

Jackie just shook her head at him. "You know, for someone who went to Harvard you sure can be stupid sometimes."

Jamie and Danny watched as she walked over to join you, nudging your side. She leaned over to whisper something in your ear and it made you smile, which made Jamie smile as well.