Chapter 17

We proceded to the pyramids of Giza, our third destination, and hopefully  the last. we arrived at the same time as other tourists , so we blended in with the crowd, but if we could do it that easily, so can someone else that we know.

After the tour we left the group of tourists, and just started walking around on our own, "taking pictures". When we were really just exploring trying to mentally map things out.

"He's here." Logan whispered into my ear.

"How do you know?" I said, looking up to see who it was.

"I don't know I just have a feeling."

I looked up to see no one there. My phone buzzed.

*This is the end of the game of chase, last chance to back out Taylor. Leave all of the things that you have collected on the shelf in front of you right now.*

"Who is it Tay?" Logan asked me.

"I don't know." I responded to him.

*I don't think so, you say that this is the end of this game. Well we are winning just so you know. Why would we give up now?* I sent back to the unknown number.

It buzzed again.

*To save the ones that you care about.*

*And who do I care about to be exactly? Hum oh yeah you don't know.* I sent  back.

*Or so you think.* I put my phone away after that.

"Okay, this has to stop. Who on earth could that be. He has been texting you for long enough." Logan said in an outburst. My phone buzzed again.

*You will soon find out.*

"They said that we will find out soon." I said showing him the message.

He took the phone and read the message with an unpleased loo.

"This place closes at 10, so we will be here then sneak in and hide." Logan said giving me back my phone, and walking us out.

"Logan you really have changed in the past few months." I said looking up to him.

"Oh yeah is that a good thing?" He said looking down at me with a grin on his face.

"I'm not sure yet but it's good to know that you have matured a bit." I said playfully pushing him to the side with a big smile on my face.

"Well, when your stuck with a stiff like you for a few months, miracles happen." He said gently pushing me back, with a real smile from ear to ear on his face. I leaned into hi, and he put his arm over my shoulder squishing  me against him. I felt safe for the fist time in a very long time.

"Taylor Gray? Is that you?"  A voice said from behind us.

"Jacob Malrick?" I said looking at him.

"Taylor. Who is this?"

"Oh um... I'm sorry. Logan this is my old co-worker, Jacob Malrick. Jacob, this is my friend Logan Bullet. Um.. Jacob? What are you doing here?" I introduced and asked them.

"Umm.. Mr. LeRay gave me some time off." He said with a smile at the end.

"That doesn't sound like him." I said questioning his answer.

"Well, what can I say. Things have hanged around work. Let's just say he is a bit happier." Jacob said with a grin on his face.

"Well it was nice meeting you, Jacob? Was it? But we have to go." Logan said walking us away.

"Well, alright, maybe we will run into each other again soon." Jacob said. I looked a back at him with a questioning look, but Logan just kept walking with me by his side.

"Did he seem a bit off to you?" Logan asked me.

"Yeah just a bit." I answered.

"Not pointing fingers or anything, but I think that he is the one that has been texting you." Logan said with a serious face.

"Hold on I thought that you said that you weren't pointing fingers." I teased him.

"Well you can't tell me you are thinking it too.  What did that last text say? You will find out soon. Well he just popped right up after that." Logan said irritated.

"I know what you're asying, but it just seems weird and unfair to accuse him of that, when you don't know him, and he's dumber than a squirrel." I said sarcastically.

"Put the pieces together Taylor. It would be the perfect act, he's dumb, he used to work with you, and you guys both said that Mr. LeClay, or whatever his name is, doesn't really give time off." Logan defended. "I'm not saying that it is him, I'm just saying that it could most likely be him."

"Well I still think it's a little too early for anyone, especially you to accuse him." I said defending him some odd reason.

"Okay, fine, lets go get some food." Logan said dismissing the topic.

"Okay." I agreed.

We fell into an uncomfortable silence, and we both started to look around us awkwardly.

"I call driving." Logan Said, being a goof. I missed that side of him.

"Fine then I pick what we eat." I said with a grin.

"No faire." Logan said starting to pout.

"Yes it is. Mwahahahaha." I said imitating an evil laugh. We both started laughing.

"It's been awhile since we have laughed like that." Logan said.

"Yeah I miss it. Logan why are we doing this? I mean we could have easily not done this and continue with our lives." I said trying to think back to all those months ago.

"I guess we started for your grandfather, but it turned to be for more in the end didn't it? You could say we are doing this for him but now I think it's more for our old sense of adventure again" Logan said, "Why are you getting tired of this."

"Maybe a little. What do you think of tacos tonight?" I asked rethinking my decision.

"Tacos? Sure." Logan said agreeing.  With that we walked out, got into the car and drove to the nearest taco place.