Just a Cosplay

I just went to my first ComiCon so I though I'd write this. Enjoy!

Cinder sighed, rubbing at the paint that was scratching her hand. She had barely been at ComiCon for ten minutes and the paint was dry and peeling. She wanted nothing more than to peel it all off.

"Aces, Kai," she muttered, spinning around in the crowd, looking for her six-foot tall boyfriend. Suddenly she spotted his dark brown hair among bobbing sea of heads, and she started to push through the people to get to him. At least she wouldn't be standing alone like a weirdo anymore.

Pushing a few more people out of the way, she softly punched Kai's turned figure.
"Kai, I've been waiting," she sighed. "Can we get on with is this ComiCon? It was your idea." The figure turned, revealing a face painted chalk white, with bumpy red scars running across his eyes. There was painted blood dripping down the side of his face. Shocked, Cinder back away, laughing nervously.
"Aha, ehm, you're not Kai," she gestured behind her as she turned around. "I think that's him, aha, bye!"

Cringing to herself, she wandered around aimlessly, pretending to pay attention to what the stalls were selling. She didn't even like comics.

"Excuse me, but who are you cosplaying as?" came a voice from behind her. Biting her lip, she spun around, frantically trying to remember who she dressed up as.

"Um, I'm..." She couldn't remember anything that Kai told her about her character. Oh well. Time to make it up. "I'm Molly, uh, from the Misfit Girls," Seeing the persons face of confusion, Cinder smiled to herself and carried on. "They're this really famous comic gang from outer space, and they're all over the news because it's just about to be made into a movie. You know them, right?" The person nodded, feigning realization.

"Oh, yeah, I've heard of them! You really look like Molly!" With that, the person (who was cosplaying quite well as Daphne from Scooby Doo) walked away, leaving Cinder quietly giggling to herself. It was amazing what people would believe.

"Molly, huh?" Came a deep voice from beside Cinder. Glancing over, she saw Kai smiling, amused, and almost blushed. He was dressed as a perfect prince, red tunic with shining badges adorning the yellow sash.
"Kai!" She started. "You look... Wow," Kai chuckled, fiddling with the sash.
"Nice paint there, Molly from outer space." Cinder smiled, suppressing a smile, despite his mocking tone.
"I couldn't remember who I was supposed to be," she insisted. "Honestly!" Kai raised his eyebrows.
"Sure you did."
Cinder opened her mouth to argue, but he spoke again before she could even start.
"Sure you did," he said, dragging the 'u'. "Now come on, I'm bored of arguing. I'll buy you a sweater if you go on the rodeo!"

Cinder's eyes widened in shock. She had seen some mad people on the rodeo earlier, spinning round manically fast and flying off. There was no way she was even going near those things.

"Nuh uh." Cinder crossed her arms. "I don't even want a sweater." That was not strictly true. There were some really nice items of clothing she had seen, but she could buy them herself.

Kai looked disappointed, but soon his frown turned into a face that radiated a 'challenge-me-why-don't-you' look. "Fine," said he. "I'll go on the rodeo." Cinder shrugged, smiling as if she was impressed, and started looking around for the rodeo. Hearing the screams of its latest victim, she pushed Kai in that direction and nodded, mockingly encouraging.

Kai paled at the sounds of panic and gulped. "Maybe... Maybe I'll give it a miss?"
Cinder raised her eyebrows. "Not an option," she pouted. Kai's eyes were round and pleading, so she tried to compromise. "Truth or dare with the gang?" Kai gulped. "Come on, it's not that horrible playing with them!" Laughed Cinder, seeing Kai's expression.
"Oh... Oh well. Okay. Truth or dare it is," sighed Kai, resigned. Cinder tried to stifle her huge grin. Kai didn't know what was about to hit him.