Kiko Drabbles

I am very sorry but I've had a little (big) case of writer's block so please accept my offerings of random Kiko stuff.

"Over seven billion people and you're worrying because we killed one. One!"

"But–"

"Seven. Billion. People. One."

"It still doesn't feel right."

He sighed. He was probably feeling the same way, deep down, but after years under Levana's reign I knew Kinney would never admit that.

"Hey, Iko, it was in self defence. How would you like to be in the place that man's in now?"

"What do you mean?"

He rolled his eyes. It was moments like this when he would forget that I'm not human and then burst out laughing. There it was.

"Ahh, sorry! I forgot. Sorry!"

I smiled myself. "I'd just hope my personality chip wouldn't be scratched!" He smiled at this too.

"Maybe on our next date we can not, you know, commit murder?"
I raised my eyebrows, hands on hips.

"Oh, so you call this a date? I was expecting more along the lines of a fancy restaurant, not committing murder."
He grinned. "True love shows itself on many forms!"

I sighed, a small smile still playing on my lips. "But sure, not killing people on dates sure sounds like a good idea!" He laughed too.

"Come on, let's get you home before you pick a fight with anyone else." Punching him lightly, I ran to the car and slammed the door shut before he could get in.

"What happened to manners?"

"What happened to ladies first?"

"Yeah, but you can at least keep the door open for me!"

I thought for a moment. "...Nah." And then laughed manically.

Drabble two

"I said make dinner! This is not dinner! Stars above, what have you done?" Screamed Iko, facing the little rented house. Which was, incidentally, her house. Kinney shrugged.

"So, you see," he started. "I was trying to make toast. Well, more toast. And an egg. So I put the egg on the toast–"

"Raw?"

"Yeah... and then I tried doing something in the oven–"

"To be honest, I just want a home right now." Interrupted Iko. "Preferably one that isn't burnt down, you know?" She scowled.

"I know. Or even remember."

***

"Iko, you can not go to the bar today. We're already running low on money," stressed Kinney.

"Hey, but this isn't about spending money," she replied. "There's a boxing competition and I just know I can win."

"Are you sure?"

"One hundred percent!"

He raised an eyebrow. "What did you do?"

"What? I didn't do anything!" Iko said angelically, eyes wide and a slightly offended expression on her face.

"Last time you told me that, all of the other contestants didn't turn up."