CHAPTER ONE

Six years later.

I'm sixteen. Black haired, green eyed, pretty face. A complete nobody. Each time I pass someone they laugh at me. I always feel so compelled to kill anyone or everyone that mocks me. But  I suppress this voice. My usual walk to school was always frustrating. I had to change school every year because of the constant mishaps that I know I create. I moved to a school called Hunter High. I didn't know if this was normal but as I as I walked into the school building, I felt at home, I felt like I belonged with every other person in the school.                                                 

I quickly found my class 'cause they were tags given to every room in the school. The school was big, marvelous, amazing. There was a statue in the middle of the school and there was something very strange about it. I began to leave the classroom moving closer and closer towards the statue with all eyes on me. I didn't stop something was pushing me towards the statue and the sweet comforting voice in my head said it to me.
        Rendock

Something about the name gave me the shivers. I stepped away from the statue, running. The thing in me was warning me. pushing me further away from the statue of Rendock. I was confused. I thought something was drawing me  to the statue and not away from it.

He is not good. He is not good. Stay away!

She told me and I rushed back to the classroom everyone's eyes still on me. Whatever was hidden inside the statue gave us the fright. It made us terrified and sooner or later we were going to find out exactly who it was. We've have a whole year and we're going to make the best of it.     I sat down at the end of the classroom just beside the window alone. It was always that way so why bother? Someone strolled into the classroom. Someone tall and broad. Someone beautiful. I was sitting gazing at him when I realized he was walking towards me. Oh yeah! I thought foolishly, the only empty seat was beside me.

He sat beside me and I sort of shifted a little bit closer to the window. He made me feel very uncomfortable. I've never talked to anyone before, but I needed to talk to him.  It was an urgent need that had to be satisfied but of course, that couldn't happen. The last time I spoke was when I screamed at her. I didn't even know what my voice sounded like. I guess he isn't new because some of the guys at the other side were beckoning to him saluting him from the other side of the classroom for reasons I could not comprehend. Of course I wasn't staring at him. We didn't have to we could see everything.                                                                                                                                                                               

I noticed a guy telling him to take a look at me. Thank goodness I wasn't looking. He tapped me a little.  I turned and when he spoke, his voice was so sweet.
    "Hey, you're the new girl right?" He said checking me out. I didn't wear anything fancy so I wondered what he was looking at. I nodded to answer his question. He looked a little surprised.   

"So you can't talk? Or is there something......" He was just about to touch my cheek but I held his hand. I dropped his hand gently on the table and luckily for me the bell rand. I gave him a week smile but deep inside I was crumbling. I rushed out of class.

Classes for the rest of the day were cancelled due to some casualty. I get to the food court and meet the lunch lady who gives me some food for my hungry tommy. I walked over to the only empty table in the food court and I slowly devoured my food. I was about to leave when I thought of something. I rushed into the bathroom and looked at the mirror. I opened my mouth trying to say something but all that came out of my mouth were little whispers that I couldn't even hear myself. I silently implored on her  to help me and she said to me.

Speak 

And speak I did. My voice was sweet, low, melodious and I smiled at her and she smiled right back at me. My voice sounded a lot like her and I realized that she had given me her voice. I left the restroom and went to get my bag from the food court and I saw a few people sitting on the table I had just left behind. I decided to try out my voice.    

"I'm sorry for interrupting but could I have my bag back?" I said talking to the girl who had taken my seat. She nodded and passed me my bag.

"Here take it. My name's Melanie." She said she seemed nice but I really had to go.

"My name's Martha. I'm really sorry I can't talk gotta go." I said smiling at her. she smiled and I bade her goodbye. This was definitely a new start. I was approaching the door when I noticed the cute guy jogging over me. I didn't want to speak to him because I had already felt a little embarrassed at our last encounter.

"Hey! wait up!" He called to me. I stopped to at least listen to what he had to say. My voice came out small.

"Yeah?" He smiled. I guess it's because he now knows I have the ability to speak.
"So you can talk now?"  What the?! Of all the things....

"Is there anything you want to tell me?" I ask getting all red all over because of the boyish grin he's giving me.

"yeah, I didn't really catch your name. Mine's........" I interrupted him. i had to get away from him he made me feel hot.

"Peter. My name's Martha. Bye!" I said and with that i left him to ponder on that very mysterious girl who just walked out the door.

Thanks for reading i hope you enjoyed this as much as I did! Please vote and share with your friends. Love you loads.

P.S. I only write" we" when it has to do with both the girl and the spirit. Thanks!