Chapter 13

Chapter 13

As the car pulled up in front of the building of their record company Nadine instantly spotted the group of sweaty paparazzi waiting outside, she turned to Cheryl to see her looking less than pleased at the sight. The younger girl reached out to the other girl and gave her arm a reassuring squeeze, “it will be fine.” The Irish girl was far too tempted to kiss the Geordie, quickly looking forward to see that Mike the driver was concentrating on not running over a paparazzi, the younger girl quickly placed a swift kiss on the lips of the older girl.

Cheryl was immediately reassured by the younger girl’s display of affection and reassurance, “this is going to be hard,” the older girl stated whilst smiling at her Irish lover.

Nadine raised an eyebrow in confusion, “Chez, you’ve walked through paparazzi so many times. And this isn’t even a lot of them.” The girl replied whilst animatedly pointing at the group of paparazzi, who had just realised that one of the girls would be in the car that was pulling up.

Cheryl laughed softly at the younger girl, “I didn’t mean the paparazzi.” Her dimpled smile widen at the confusion that was adorning the younger girl’s beautiful features, “I meant not being able to kiss you when I want.” The look of sudden realisation on the younger girl’s face caused an adorable giggle to escape the older girl’s mouth.

Nadine’s realisation that it would be very hard for both of them to keep their hands of each other made her want Cheryl even more, she mentally cursed herself for always wanting what she wasn’t allowed. “It’s not fair.” She moaned whilst folding her arms, she didn’t want to go to the meeting anymore especially as she knew Cheryl wouldn’t make it easy for her to resist her.

Cheryl flashed a stunning dimpled smile at the younger girl who was visibly unimpressed at the idea of not being able to show affection to the older girl; “we’ll just find out who is more irresistible.” The older girl smiled mischievously, if they were going to suffer from not having physical contact they may as well try to make it a bit more fun.

A wicked smile adorned Nadine’s face, “oh, you’re on. Just don’t be too moody with me when you realise you’ve lost.” The younger girl picked up her bag and gracefully hopped out of the stationary car into the waiting cameras of the paparazzi, not before giving Cheryl a cheeky wink.

Cheryl sat in the car for an extra few seconds, mentally slapping herself for starting this game with Nadine, she was already finding the girl irresistible and she was pretty sure the younger girl would do anything to make her crack. The older girl sighed and also expertly exited the car elegantly and quickly followed Nadine through the gathering of paparazzi to the safety of the building.

Nadine turned around in the reception of the building to see Cheryl dashing through the front entrance escaping the shouts of the paparazzi. “Nic’s right, they really should be able to afford deodorant.” She stated whilst waiting for Cheryl to reach her so they could walk in sync to the meeting room.

Cheryl chuckled softly, the youngest girl of the band had a huge dislike towards the sweaty smell of the paparazzi; “Aye. And if they actually smelt alright, I may be tempted to walk slower so they could get an alright picture of me.” The two girls continued to complain about the odour and rudeness of the paparazzi as they made their way to the meeting room.

Cheryl had been spending most of the meeting glaring at one of the young record company workers who had been shamelessly flirting with Nadine from the very start of the meeting; the man’s name was apparently Steve, not that it made any difference to what the Geordie thought of him. In her opinion he was aiming for a universe in a different light year with his attempted at charming her Nadine. She could see the other girls were getting tired of it as well; she had lost count of the number of times Nicola rolled her eyes at the Steve’s failed attempts of charm; or the number of smirks that adorned Sarah’s highly amused face and Kimberley sat watching looking less than impressed at Steve’s unprofessional manner. The only thing that was keeping the older girl’s jealousy in check was the Irish girl’s reassuring hand that was stroking and resting on the Geordie’s thigh, letting Cheryl know that the attempts at flirting were not working in the slightest.