chapter 4

The sun was nearly setting but Aberdeen hadn't noticed since she'd been so caught up in studying the planets up in the Astronomy Tower. The wind blew softly and to her it was quiet and peaceful. Despite hearing the first years screaming about how great everything was from the ground, she still found serenity within the castle grounds.

It felt like home. Hogwarts is her home.

Even though by the end of the school year, she would no longer be here it would still feel like home to her. It always will be.

She scratched out a few words from her book and replaced it with new ones. Her love for Astronomy was indescribable to her. She's considered teaching Astronomy here at Hogwarts when she gets older.

"Why are you still up here?" A far too familiar voice said.

Aberdeen smiled at her book as Luke came and paced around a bit before leaning against the bars on the edge of the tower. She frowned and looked up at him, "You know how I feel about heights, Lucas."

He raised his arms up in surrender and sat on the steps next to her. Luke leaned his head against her hair.

"M'Sorry." He mumbled into her hair. "So why are you still up here?"

Aberdeen looked up, "Studying. It's also really peaceful."

Luke furrowed his eyebrows and chuckled as a first year screamed, "WHY IS THAT HIPPOGRIFF LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT?!"

"So peaceful." He joked.

Aberdeen playfully shoved him, "Shut up. I just feel like I'm at home, especially when I'm up here."

He nodded, "You know, I'm surprised that we can hear them. I mean for tiny children."

She rolled her eyes and rested her head on Luke's shoulder. He wrapped his arm around her small waist placed a soft kiss on her forehead. They sat like that for a while as Aberdeen scribbled down more words.

"Neh-boo-lah, what's that?" Luke asked.

"Nebula." Aberdeen giggled. "A cloud of gas and dust in outer space. Thought you were smart, Luke."

He rolled his eyes. "Funny, anyway, I need to find a new subject. I'm no longer doing Herbology."

"Since when do you do Herbology?!"

"Our backyard lacks um, how do I say this, a magical garden-like of wonderment. So I decided if I did Herbology, I could make it pretty."

"Right."

"But Professor Sprout said that I kept messing up."

"I mean, you are quite clumsy."

"Hush. Anyway, it's not like I wanted that enormous Venus fly trap to nearly swallow Frederick Jones! That was merely his fault for standing too close and the plant's fault for trying to swallow him!"

"That was you?! Luke, you idiot!"

"Don't give me that look, it wasn't me! I just casted a spell and it decided to do that."

Aberdeen buried her face in her hands then mumbled, "How can someone so smart be so dumb."

"Sorry?" He chuckled awkwardly.

Their fits of giggles were interrupted by a very annoyed Professor Snape. "What are you two doing here?!"

The two stood up and Luke cleared his throat. "We were just studying. I am no longer doing Herbology and I've decided that I'd like to take up Astronomy. I was asking Aberdeen since she is the brightest student in this class for some help."