Chapter 2

I stepped out onto the porch Kendra ahead of me.

After calling my parents and telling them that I was fine by God’s grace Kendra and I headed out to make me some ‘friends’.

This is just a bad idea. I mean who goes out to make friends? It sounds desperate. ‘Oh, do you want to be my friend? My sister told me to go out and make some friends so… Yeah here we go’ It even sounds pathetic.

“Do I really have to make ‘friends’?” I whine. Kendra stops walking then she turns around and starts staring at me. What?

“Don’t be a baby! Seriously you’re whining just because I told you to make some friends? Then wait until I get you a job and you’ll have to wake up early”

“No way am I getting up early!”

“Yes way, don’t you expect me to give you money for shopping, I don’t even have enough for myself!” Kendra said narrowing her eyes.

What did I say? I told you she liked shopping. Wait, no I mean love shopping.

“I can ask mom and dad for money”

“Nope, you can’t because I won’t let you, you’re getting a job if you like it or not!” I groaned. She’s so annoying.

She turned around and started walking again. She turned right and headed towards a house a few houses away from us. She walked up to the porch and rang the bell.

Suddenly I started to panic. Many questions swirled around in my head. What if I’m not good looking enough? What if they don’t like making friends? What if one of those mean girls live there? OhMyChicken, they are going to make fun out of me!

“Are you coming?” Kendra asked.

“Huh?”

“Are you nervous?” I shook my head. Just as I was about to walk to the porch the door swung open and a girl in my sister’s age stood there smiling.

“Hi Kendra” She said.

“Hi, Cara” Kendra answered. So the girl living in this house was named Cara. She looked like she was in the age 22- 24 so she probably was my sister’s friend. But why should I be friends with a girl of that age, shouldn’t I have friends in my age?

“So… what brings you here?” Cara asked.

“Yeah, this is my sister Thea” Kendra said turning around to face me. Cara did the same and her dark brown eyes met mine. I smiled and she gladly returned the gesture.

“Oh, hi I didn’t see you. I’m Cara” She said warmly. I think I just heard that.

I walked up to the porch and stretched out my hand.

“Thea” She shook my hand and turned her attention back to my sister.

“You still didn’t answer my question, why are you here?” Cara asked raising an eyebrow.

“Is your sister home?” Kendra asked.

“Yeah, she has some friends over too” Cara answered.

Now it makes sense, Cara has a sister who is probably in my age.

“Thea is going to be her the whole summer you see so I told her to make some friends so that she has something to do so… here we are” Kendra said grinning.

“Oh, come in” Cara said gesturing for us to come in.

Kendra walked in and I right behind her. As we stepped in I got welcomed by different voices. I followed Cara into the living room where all the teenagers in my age were.