Chapter 3

"Get up you lazy chicken soup" Kendra yelled yanking my blanket of me.

"You evil woman! My bed needs me" I snapped back opening my eyes.

"Pfft to do what? Get wet? Now what do you think the toilets for?" Kendra teased.

"People like you"

"Get up" Kendra said dragging me off bed.

"But... it's cold and my bed is lonely, so am I and I'm sure we would make a perfect couple" I said whining.

"Believe me your bed doesn't need you but you sure need a job"

"You woke me up 7am to get a job?!" I yelled.

"No I woke you up 7am to eat some ice cream" Kendra said rolling her eyes.

"Ha-ha funny"

"Yeah I know now get ready"

"Neevaa, I'm going nowhere I don't even want a job" I whined.

"To bad because you're getting one, be ready in 20" Kendra said leaving me.

Can this summer get any worse?

When you say it... yes, yes it can.

Argh just get out of my head.

That's impossible.

You're impossible!

* * * *

"Where exactly are we going?" I asked Kendra. We were sitting in Kendra's car going I don't know where. 8.30 am we left the house going to only Kendra knows where. I hate her. I would be in my warm, cozy, wonderful bed right now sleeping but no Kendra wants me to get a job that would take me nowhere in life. Why even get a job? I have enough money... ok so that's a lie but I can just ask mom and dad for some money not get a job!

"You'll see" She just answered. Can't she just tell me? Is this some kind of surprise? Because if it is I already dislike it.

"Don't be so grumpy I'm sure you'll like it there"

"Uh- huh" I answered.

"Isn't it a Christian's job to be positive?" Kendra asked.

"Uh, no? Not when that Christian girl is getting a job that she doesn't even want, the worst part? She has to wake up early! You woke me up 7am, Kendra 7am!"

"Well ain't you a drama queen? Get over it, so I woke you up 7am? it's not like we can go back in time. Life goes on Thea"'

As said I hate Kendra. Turning around I just stared out the window

* * * *

"We're here" Kendra said turning off the engine.

"You don't say?"

"Cut the sarcasm"

We climbed out of the car. In front of me was a little shop with the letters COLOURED PEACH. Um... What are we doing here? I've never seen nor heard about this shop. There wasn't much to see on the outside well except the building, the sign and window that showed a bit of the inside. We started walking towards the shop. Kendra opened the shops door and we entered. I was a bit surprised, I thought we would be going to a girl shop or something like that but what I saw was none of that. Instead we were in a boy shop. Yupp, no sign of a girly item. Just boy stuff. It wasn't as if it was cheap or something. No, the clothes were expensive! I really wonder who would spend their time shopping here besides it's not as if boys spend their time shopping... Ok, so I was wrong? I guess boys do spend their time buying EXPENSIVE clothes. The funniest part? The boys were around my age. I mean shouldn't they like go surfing? Or like play soccer? But instead they are shopping. Kendra studied my face, then she started laughing.