Chatper 6

I opened the door to my bedroom then went down the stairs. Kendra was standing by the door looking kind of irritated. I wonder why…

“Gosh, how long those it take to change?” Kendra asked irritated.

Yupp I wondered right.

“Kendra you should not be the one talking” I said rolling my eyes.

“Just get out we have somewhere to be” She snapped.

Well besides me someone was in a bad mood. I walked out of the door Kendra was holding open. I stepped onto the porch and allowed the warm summer breeze touch my skin. The air felt kind of sweet against my skin, exactly what I needed. Walking towards the car and waiting for Kendra to unlock the car I stepped into the passenger seat.

“Okay Thea, we have some rules here. Since Mrs. Evans is my boss I want you to behave. If I give out a good impression she’ll maybe let me move into a better position which will earn me more money. Got it?”

“As if I’ll even get one dollar from it, why should I even care?” I asked getting irritated. I don’t give a flying chicken about her getting a higher salary; Tristan pissed me off to no max!

“Because you live under my roof! And guess who’s paying for you to stay under that roof? Yeah me! So you better behave” Kendra stated giving me a warning look.

“You’re starting to sound like mum and dad” I said giving her a flat look.

“Goes in the family”

After that it was quiet. I was just dreading for the moment when I was to meet Tristan and his family. The car came to a halt and Kendra gestured for me to get out. I stepped out of the car waiting for Kendra to do the same. She came out of the car and started walking towards a big house. I got to give them some credit, the house was breath taking. I hadn’t even stepped inside but the outside was phenomenal! I guessed that they were really rich. Of course they were rich I mean look at the house and the two cars. They looked expensive and I had a feeling that if I tried to guess the price I’d probably ends up at a price that would give me a heart attack. Trailing after Kendra we came to a halt at the door. Kendra pressed the door bell and suddenly I was nervous. I starred at the ground. My face glued to the white cemented porch. The door was suddenly opened and the voice of Mrs. Evans filled the warm summer air.

“Good evening Kendra and… Thea right?” She greeted.

I looked up and nodded giving her a nervous smile. I turned my head downwards again and stared hard at the ground.

“Good evening Mrs. Evans! You look stunning” Kendra complimented trying to seem nice. I just rolled my eyes at her.

“Oh please Kendra the last thing I am is stunning you by the way look beautiful” Mrs. Evans complimented back.

I felt her gaze land on me. I looked up to meet her eyes and she smiled. She actually was stunning just like Tristan. Tristan… He was mean whiles his mother was nice.

“Thea you look adorable come let’s get this dinner started” Mrs. Evans said gesturing for us to get inside.

I walked behind Kendra stepping in. Sweet fried chicken! The house was gorgeous! I couldn’t explain it! It was… unbelievable.

“Tristan get here! Our guests are here come and greet them!’” Mrs. Evans yelled. I toke of my jacket and was about to hang up my jacket when Mrs. Evans told me not to and that Tristan would do that. I doubt he would. Knowing Tristan was about to enter the hallway I stared down at the ground not able to face him.

I heard footsteps and soon enough a voice.

“What the hell is she doing here?!”

“Tristan watch that language of yours! I do not tolerate such bad language in my house” Mrs. Evans said.