The Dark Basement

3% Battery Left

Hallie,Adette and Chris wandered around.Finally,having no luck anywhere,the only place left was the basement.
"Ah,poop.Why the basement?"Chris asked.
"The basement is large.I've seen it before."Adette answered."If the mind control device is realistic,it would be a large machine of some sort."She pressed her shoulder against Chris' arm.(Like she ever does anything else.Seriously,that is mentioned in almost all chapters where she's normal again!"She leaned on Chris' arm" and all that nonsense.)
"When have you seen it,Adette?"Hallie asked.
"When we had that day off from school two months ago."Adette answered.
"Alright let's just go."Chris said.He opened the brown wooden door leading to the basement.
He looked towards a considerable amount of stairs."Uh...Hallie,you should go ahead...you have the light source after all."
"Wow...way to go brave guy."Hallie said.
"It's not a matter of being confident but of being logical.If I go down there first,how could I see anything?"
"I'll give you my phone then."Hallie talked back.
"Are you sure you're gonna really let me handle your phone?"Chris asked raising his eyebrows.
Hallie hesitated."Uh...on second thought,no."
Hallie stepped inside.Adette followed soon afterwards with Chris being the last one out.He shut the door gently as to not startle any of the girls.As they reached the floor,Hallie pointed her phone around.Slightly empty,the basement had a few shelves with boxes,books,stereos and cobwebs.The paint was originally orange but as the years passed by the color turned brownish.The basement was at least three years old.There was a path leading to...somewhere in the center.It wasn't wide but it wasn't narrow either.
As the three looked around their surroundings,the light went out!
"Foop!The battery went out."Hallie said in frustration.
Chris was panicking inside.After all,when you're stuck in a basement that isn't very large in the dark with two girls,it never ends well.
"Uh...Chris...Hallie...where are you??"Adette's voice called out.
"I don't know...keep talking I'll come to you."Chris said out loud.
"Well you better hurry...I literally can't see anything right now!"
Chris looked around when suddenly he grabbed hold of something!
"Uh...hello?What is this??"Chris asked.
"My shoulder."
It was Hallie.
"Now let's go find Adette,alright?"
The speaker inside the room crackled.
"Attention,children.Your unprovoked infiltration of this school will not go unpunished."It was the same voice used earlier during the mind control attempt."Faridea belongs to The New President.I suggest you stop whatever you're doing or else I will reduce the city to mindless slaves."