Contingency

"In Fartham City,several hundreds of people gather in question of a supposed "surprise" by the Faridean President."

Chris walked down the hallways towards his classroom still reeling from what happened yesterday with the surveyor.Whatever she wanted and whoever she was,it probably wasn't good.Adette was sitting in her chair but seemed...more lifeless than usual.

Hallie was standing near the corner just as concerned on what exactly happened to her.
"I tried talking to her."Hallie told Chris."She spoke only in very short sentences and was very straightforward.I've never seen her like this."

Chris almost panicked.Whatever the government did,it had something to do with her mind.The question is what, and what for?
Lawrence,the genius in the class who was confirmed by the school to have amazing IQ was also curious on what occurred to Adette.In fact everyone was.After she was pulled by a man in red bow tie and Farghast Forces,you don't expect her to just return without a problem.As class went on,she acted normally and there appeared to be no issue with her.Professor Ward came to notice she is normal in terms of academics throughout the day just without her usual lively demeanor.Along with the list of things new to her is that she no longer talks with classmates and has very slight erratic behavior.

Professor Ward called up Hallie and Chris.
"I must tell you that this is not our doing."
Chris wondered."I know the school couldn't do such a thing like this."
"No...what I mean is,those men in red bow ties didn't exactly do this."
Hallie looked up at Professor Ward."What do you mean they didn't do it.After all,they dragged Adette away."
Professor Ward looked down."They were highly trained agents and were sent by the government to grab Adette for an experiment of sorts.They didn't want to do it but they were pressured by Farghast Forces and the President."
"But what is it that you think they did?"Chris asked.

"I believe they have implanted something in her which is responsible for her erratic behavior.This may have also tampered with her social skills a bit but I'm sure that can be fixed."

Adette went in swaying around so much you would think she was drunk.
"Ms.Adette.What on Earth are you doing here?"Professor Ward asked.
Adette leaned towards Hallie's shoulder.Hallie almost doubled back but recalling her serious condition,decided not to.
Professor Ward shrugged."We can only hope for the best."

I would agree to myself that Adette's condition was very serious at the time and cannot be ignored.I was powerless to help her even if I wanted.Waiting appeared to be the only solution if I were to help Adette.

Chris and Hallie went off to their normal classes with Adette following rather slowly.They reached their classrooms.Adette went inside and sat in her chair almost lifeless.