Rescue Cancelled?

Chris and Hallie looked for a few moments in the shock.Chris was the first to recover and was about to pin Delta when suddenly Delta twisted his arm.
Chris doubled back from the pain but tried another time.
"I do not think it is wise to fight a lady in a public area."Delta said calmly.
Chris stared at her with rage."Where is Adette?"
Delta laughed."What is she for you that makes you come all this far just to rescue her?"
"She's a friend.I'll do anything for a friend."
Hallie looked around."Chris,we're making a scene."
Sure enough,other people were staring at this argument.A Tour Guide even stopped the tour for a bit just to watch.An officer came by with a hand on his firearm unsure what to make of this.
"You should respect the government's wishes,no?"Delta smiled innocently.
"Who are you!?"Chris asked.
"If you want to have a word with us,go to the President.I'm sure she will answer your questions...if she is in a certain mood of course."
Chris and Hallie looked in defeat.
Delta smiled."Well...see ya!"
She ran off towards the direction of the Mountains.Chris and Hallie looked at each other.
"What's wrong with her?"Hallie asked.
"Never mind.Let's go to the library."
They stepped in and looked for the librarian.He was not there.
"Where is he?"Hallie asked looking around.
The phone was there.Chris walked up to it.
"What makes this phone so special that no one can use it?"

He picks up the phone and tries to call when suddenly,the fountain opens!
The fountain literally paved way and an elevator appeared.Chris and Hallie looked at each other in disbelief.
A man with a red bow tie came out.It was Charlie Samuel.
"Well...I see you have found it.You're more skilled than I thought."
He walked towards them in a slow pace.Chris took a defensive stance.
"Make one move and I'll pin you down."Chris threatened.
Charlie laughed."I don't think you can take me down.Anyways that's not your business.Adette is not here."
"What are you talking about?"Hallie said.
"I tell you the truth.She is now back home."
Chris and Hallie looked at each other with questions clouding their thoughts.
"What are you talking about?"Chris asked
"She was returned.We "borrowed" her for just a tiny bit."
Chris and Hallie looked at each other again.
Charlie grabbed a silver umbrella by the door."Well better go home.There's gonna be a downpour later."
He left.

Chris motioned for Hallie."Let's go see if what that guy said is true."