Chapter Four

Siya

I had to admit it to myself, even though the guy was weird he still had a heart, I mean he did stop to help a woman in distress! Unknowingly the thought seemed to bring a smile to my face. Wait! My car! How and when do I collect it? I'll need a mechanic to accompany me there tomorrow. I noted it mentally as I opened the door to my apartment. My phone buzzed signalling the arrival of a text message. And there it went again! Two messages. I opened up my phone to check them out and my face immediately lit up. It was a message from Sooraj on the group acknowledging my smiley. I turned back to check the second message, it was a private one from the same person. My brows furrowed together and I let out a soft chuckle as I read this one.

Sooraj: Two things again, one I did say thank you there for your warm welcome and two I've already asked a mechanic to accompany us tomorrow.

How thoughtful indeed, I thought about a witty way to reply to that. That man definitely had two faces to him and this one I had to admit was making me weak in my knees.

Siya: So this time I should probably be the one to thank you!

And then it pinged again,

Sooraj: You can but I won't get upset like you did even if you don't.
Siya: Funny. I wasn't upset.
Sooraj: Really? Definitely seemed like you were.
Siya: I wasn't upset I just thought you to be rude and arrogant.
Sooraj: Wow! I was just trying to use subtle words for myself I guess, but it seems like your thoughts do not filter words!

Eeks! I realised I'd pushed myself into a ditch further.

Siya: I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you, I guess honesty kills most of the times.
Sooraj: I was kidding, honesty is good. That's what makes you different from the others.
Siya: Thank you again!
Sooraj: How about we stop this formality of thankyou and sorry?
Siya: Well, we'd have to be friends for that!
Sooraj: Aren't we already?

Wait! Were we? The message did light up my face and soon enough the tiredness of the day caught up. I dozed up with the same smile pasted on my face.

'Oh shit!' I was late again. Plus I had no car today, double shit! I gulped down my breakfast as quickly as I could when my phone started buzzing indicating an incoming call, Sooraj. I was surprised, well more than surprised I was confused. What would he be wanting this early in the morning?

'Hey Sooraj, good morning!'
'Morning Siya! I hope you had a good night sleep!'
He just called to ask me that? 'Sooraj I am kind of in a hurry right now. I got up late plus I do not have my car with me today remember! Is it cool if I called you once I reach office?'
I heard a chuckle from the other side before he spoke, 'Well, I haven't called up to chit chat anyway, I am getting late here as well. I thought you'd need a ride today so I've been waiting for you downstairs for the last fifteen minutes, hoping you'd rush out but you seem to be in no such hurry!' I furrowed my brows together, waiting for me?! Was he genuinely this thoughtful all the time or was it just me thinking him to be so?! Or wait! Maybe it is the continuation of my dream! I pinched myself just to confirm it.
'Ouch!' that definitely hurt.
'Siya? You okay?'
'Huh?! I'm fine. Perfectly alright. Just checking if it's true.'
'Okay whatever! If you're done with your hoodoo would you mind rushing a bit, I'm getting late now!' I dashed downstairs as fast as I could gulping down my sandwich in two big bites. 'I'm sorry' I exclaimed as soon as I got into the passenger seat trying to catch my breath with my eyes closed hoping not to see the angry young man in him again! When I didn't hear any reply from him, I tried to catch a glimpse of him, slowly opening my left eye. A small smile was pasted on his face, his eyes twinkling like a star and wait, he even had a small dimple making its way on his right cheek! That dimple made him look even more handsome, or maybe it was just me who thought a lot about the dimple. And as if he had lost his voice somewhere he raised his eyebrows instead questioning me as to what was wrong. I was quite lost in his dimple theory so I moved my head in a no and looked away from him rather hurriedly. I just hoped he hadn't caught me blushing. But thankfully I heard the car spring up to life and could see it making its way along the road.