Chapter 5, Scene 3

'All right,' Simon said as he heaved Justin's bag into the trunk of his car. 'We're good to go.'

Justin looked at Rebecca and stroked his hand gently over her hair. 'I'm going to miss you,' he said and planted a soft kiss on her lips.

'It was sure nice to officially meet you,' Simon said and shook Rebecca's hand. She had a soft hand that felt like it would break if he squeezed it too hard.

'You too,' she said and forced a weak smile.

'Don't worry about Justin. I'll take good care of him for you. I promise.'

Rebecca hugged Justin one last as Simon started the engine. Justin got in, and a few seconds later, the car drove off into the distance. Rebecca wanted to cry, but forced herself not to. It was the first time since their marriage a little over a year ago that they would go to bed without one another.

An entire week to myself, she thought. Whatever am I going to do?

She waved one last time as the car disappeared around a corner in the distance before heading back to the apartment. The living room felt cold and uninviting without Justin. It was almost as if the place could sense that he was gone. All the colour and life left with him.

This is nonsense, she thought and shook her head. She switched on the television for some background noise before heading to the bathroom. A nice hot bath, she thought. That's how I'm going to start my week alone.