Nighttime Rendezvous Part 1

Hey guys! Now, this chapter has to be split into two parts I'm afraid; I wasn't expecting it to be very long and tedious to write.

Watched Star Wars earlier, and I must say, I was a little ad for grinning when the bad guy Ren took off his mask (LOL spoiler) but gosh, it made me grin. He's probably the only one of all the Sith representatives who actually looks human, and has damn fine hair.

I wish I can say that he's good-looking (well he is) but he happens to remind me of my stalker with the facial features and the voice, so I'm gonna pass.

Here's the lates update! I'll try to wake up early and write more soon!

***

Hyejeong sat in the mess hall, stirring her hot coffee as she mulled over her thoughts. Her fingers drummed the table rhythmically, her eyes darting to the clock over the door to the pantry every now and then as her feet tapped the floor as the seconds passed.

It was dark outside; the night creeping over the day in that blissful moment when the world is trapped between warm oranges and cool blues while stars began to sparkle over them. There was that chilly breeze again, but she wasn't sure if it was going to rain again like it had for the past few days, or just be one of those chilly nights.

Not that she minded it. She was already too busy thinking about something else.

For instance, about how long it took for Jiho to show up. He should be arriving anytime soon now, but the mess hall doors still hadn't opened, revealing three hungry teenagers and her sweet-faced Taeha.

More specifically, all she wanted to see were the keys to Taewoon's truck.

Hyejeong let out the breath she wasn't aware she had been holding, and her mind wandered to her trailer, where a bag was already prepared for her secret rendezvous to town. There was a bank in the central business district, which closed at exactly 9PM every night, to accommodate the people who worked late and needed to do banking before the next day.

That was exactly why she wanted to rush and make payment tonight. She couldn't do it in the day now, considering all the searches they were doing on her. There was too much risk in delaying it; she couldn't tell when she might be discovered.

Plus, she had set up an anonymous account, which her parents had yet to find out, if they haven't already. She was hoping to transfer the money, and withdraw whatever was left so that when her account was frozen by her parents – again, if they haven't found it yet – she would already have taken out every last dollar.

Taewoon was going to be so mad at her. But she was not going to let it bother her decision. Let him get shocked for once. After all, he was the one who had kissed her so suddenly. Who's to say she couldn't return the favour by making him frustrated instead, she thought with a little smile.

She drank the bitter coffee and covered her faced with her hands, wishing that the heavy aftertaste would make her forget whatever delicate sweetness the kiss had left on her. But, she realized with a dawning heaviness, that her mind wasn't so willing to pretend it had ever happened. Not just once, but twice.

And for a split second it as if she wouldn't mind another.

The things my heart makes me feel, she thought with another sigh, placing her head on the table as she had done so many months ago just before she had just met Kyung in the nightclub. The little memory made her smile slightly, feeling a sense of déjà vu.