Chapter 28 - Overdue Surprises

Brad and just ended up getting some pizza and catching up on the past few months. It turns out his band, The Vamps were finally discovered thanks to their manager. Their first album was released about a month ago.

"How did I not know all about this, you becoming famous and all?" I asked. Seriously, how?

"It's all over social media, and by that I mean Twitter."

"Oh, I haven't really been there in a while. The 'thank goodness I'm gone' hate has gotten worse so I pried myself off social media."

"Oh, but you should really come check out one of our gigs. I'll save a front row seat just for you with a big red star on it that says, 'Reserved - J' ." He smiled.

"Well right in front of you of course. I'll look for the star." I replied sarcastically and laughed.

"Of course." He replied in the same tone and joined my laughter. "One at all of our shows." He added in a more sincere tone.

Not long after, Brad and I's pizza stop turned into a trip for some Ben & Jerry's before stopping at a lake. Brad guided me to a bench and we greedily ate our delicious Cookie Dough dessert... Wait, let me rephrase that - when Brad finished his ice-cream, he ended up stealing of mine.

"That was fun Jess." Brad said as he smiled and looked my way.

"But we barely did anything."

"I know, but the point was that I barely did anything with you."

"That's so swee- " I stopped as my nose twitched. "Ha... ha... chu!" 

"Eeeew." Brad cringed.

"Omg, I'm so sorry..." I said almost in a panicy mode.

I looked up at Brad where I just sneezed in his face. It wasn't that bad, but his face had little drops on them and that alone was super embarrassing. I couldn't help but let out a little snicker along with the wave of embarrassment that flushed over me.  

"I seriously am sorry." I said searching for a tissue in my pocket.

"Um, bless you." He laughed.

After I found the tissue, I leaned in and started dabbing his face feeling like an idiot. As soon as his face was clean I tried to move back, but something was stopping me from doing so. Brad's arm was around my waist and he was pulling my body closer to his. 

He held me  in his cosy warm grip whilst leaning in and planting his lips on mine. It felt different, different than what it felt like with Luke. It was mind-blowing, it was.... it was all that I had ever wished for.

The kiss was long and passionate. I felt his tongue brush against my bottom lip begging for entrance. I granted his request. Not for one second was this awkward... it was... it was almost magical. Our moment that I've been waiting for.

Once our lips finally disconnected, all that I could do was look down and smile. Brad took hold of my left hand, Intertwined his fingers into with mine and used his free hand to to lift my chin. He stared straight into my big brown eye making my melt.

"Jess, I consider you as my best friend." He smiled. Those words alone tore me apart inside out.

"What?" I said with a hoarse voice, choking down the tears. That's the worst feeling ever, the burning sensation in your throat when you have to talk.

"Mickey'll kill you if she heard that cause apparently I'm hers." I tried to joke to seem okay.

"Well as my best friend I have this huge secret that I need to get off my chest."

"Okay go ahead." I said broken down inside.

"I'm in love with this girl you see."

"W... w... what?" I said as my eyes started to burn signalling tears. Why would he do this to me? Put me through all this misery.

"I'm in love with my best friend, promise you won't tell her." He said smiling shyly.

"Wait, what... you..." I said  trying to hide my smile before I lept out and hugged him.

"Jessica, I have always loved you." He said as I pulled away. "I've never had the courage to tell. In all my time I couldn't man up and grow a pair, so instead I just ended up dreaming about what we could be." He blushed. I'd never expected this. 

By the time we got to tenth grade, I thought you'd forgotten about me. You wouldn't believe how happy I was when You were in my English class. It gave me hope. When you spoke to me in class it was the first time we ever had a conversation. Except if you count the three times I said hi to you and the two times you waved at me in first-grade. There was also once in third and twice in sixth. That day that I walked you home I kind of have to admit... I did stalk. That's why I got a blue eye, I saw what she did that afternoon and when I saw here the next day I just lost it. Unfortunately she had some uncalled for back up that we are all too familiar with..." He paused. "Yep just need to keep you from him." He muttered to himself just loud enough for me to hear.

"Yeah, but you know the rest. So that's me... that's everything I never said. It's like you just know... sometimes you feel it in your bones. Though we've heard that hearts can still be wrong... something's telling me that you're the one." He finished his speech.

"Wow... I never knew you felt this way. I... I..." I stuttered.

"I knew it - I should have never told you this. It was a mistake, I-"

"Part of me dreamt of this day. I like you too Brad... I always have." 

His eyes grew large when I said that word. "Like." He had mentioned loved and I said like. It was heartless of me, but a small part of me didn't want to fall head first into something if I didn't know what was inside of the hole. 

My heart was already broken by two men at one point of my life, so believe me when I say I am no stranger to pain.

Never the less, Brad's facial expressions over-looked my choice of words after a second or so and gained it's previous emotion.

My eyes could barely be seen behind the glossy wall of tears the guarded them. I gazed deeply into Brad's eyes and he gave me a long heart-felt hug that seemed to last forever, I didn't mind though. This hug gave me time to let out all of my emotions, everything that I've been storing for the past few years.

"Thank you Brad." I whispered. "Thank you."

I'm back.

It finally, Brad made his move!!!! I'm like jumping even though wrote it.

NEWS: I've got a new book "Call Me a Good Girl" Please tell me if I should continue and what you thought.

Okay so keep voting, commenting and being awesome. Tell ur friends about "Finding Jess" please.

I'm OUT!!!

XXX

Brittany. A