Never Fails To Amaze

James p.o.v

"Come on James, what's taking you so long? You said you wanted to come." My friend Leo said

"No it's not that it's just..." My voice trailed off

"Is it her?" I nodded.

"Well nothing like this type of themed concert to help." He said and opened the door

Leo has been my best friend since the 3rd grade. Count on this guy to give you half of his pizza. Anyway I told Leo what happened. He being Leo didn't have any advice. This wasn't a situation he could compare with. He's been with the same girl for a little more than 4 years. When I ask him what keeps them together he always says the same thing. 'God keeps us together.' Since I asked the first time he took me to church. I've been learning about him for about a year or two. I was baptized 4 months ago. I don't think theirs been a day like that. When I feel I've done the right thing. I haven't been as happy like that since- well never mind.

I headed towards the gym greeting everyone of my friends that came my way. Then my friend Kyle came out.

"Hey Kyle what's up!" I said

"Hey James you got to t in there! This girl got a nice voice!" He said and walked away. I looked at Leo but he was rushing to the gym. I caught up with him.

"Dude why would you just run out on me like? Dude? Uh... Leo?" No use he was in awe on whatever was behind me. I listened carefully. The voice was sweet but powerful. It gave me a nice feeling. I turned and opened my eyes to see..... Casey? Casey! She's still here! She's singing! I can't believe it she's still here. I thought she had already left. She is still here. This time I'm gonna make sure she stays.

She ended the song. She never looked so happy. I smiled. She was looking at whoever was in front of her. Kevin & Hope? I think. I looked down with a smile. I felt a nudge.

"Look." Leo said l. I looked up. Our eyes locked. For once I felt as if we've made a good moment and memory for us. Then out came a man.

"Now what can you tell Casey?" He asked into the microphone

"All I can say is.... I believe. I believe in God!" Everyone applauded. Whistled and yelled. Casey smiled. Then she walked down the stage. I watched her. I lost her in the crowd. I went to talk o her. When I finally got there I saw her slip through the gym doors. The exit to the parking lot! I ran out but it wasn't easy getting through the crowd.

I ran out. "Casey! Casey" I yelled. Nothing. Nobody. It was empty. 'No. No no no no no.' I thought. She can't be gone. She can't be. I turned around and headed back to the gym.

"Hey." I looked up. I was pulled in. Arms were wrapped around me and when I saw who it was. I put my arms around her.

"I thought you left." I said

"I couldn't leave you without a good bye." She said

"Wait your still leaving!" I said and let go.

"Look James there's nothin for me here. My time here has ended." She replied

"You can't leave. I'm here."

"James I-"

"No. You can't leave you can't!"

"James. James. James!" She said and pulled me back in. " I'm sorry."

"I- I love you." I said that just lifted a huge weight off my shoulders. She looked me straight into my eyes.

"I never stopped." She replied. She kissed my cheek

"I'll always be around. You just won't know it. When kick your goal in your most important games I'll be there. Just score and I'll be there." She said

"Oh and do me a favor. Keep my lil bro and sis some company, but don't tell them what really happened." She said. I hugged her harder. I closed my eyes. Then she let go. By the time I opened my eyes. She was gone.

"James? James! There you are buddy! What happened?" Leo ran out

"She left." I replied

"Are you okay?" He asked

"I'll be fine." I said

Then we walked back inside.