Chapter 1: Kagamine

Len's POV

"C'mon, how much is it?!"

Rin rushes me to count the money. I don't know why she's in such a hurry. Geez. 

"21...22....23...24...25...." 

I count. Then I count 5 nickels and 4 pennies. "25 bucks and 29 cents." Rin shoves me in the shoulder. "Owch! What the heck was that for?!" Uh oh. She's giving me the death glare of death. Then she hisses through gritted teeth, "All that for a measly 25 bucks?!" I mumble, "And 29 cents." This is why I hate Rin. Whenever we, uh, rob a store, she always blames it on me if we get a little bit of money. I don't feel like arguing, so I shove my hands into my pockets.

.....awkward silence.....

"Well?!" Rin blurts, slamming her sweaty palm onto the wooden table. The table topples a bit as she does so. I look away. "....we could go to Akihara's Market." Rin rolls her eyes. "That place is always packed. Everybody will spot us!" I groan. "Don't you know it closes at 12:00 A.M.? It's 12:04! Mr. Akihara is probably cleaning up the place. We'll just distract him, and then break the cash register! Then, we'll get all the money out. Mr. Akihara only accepts cash, and since everyday the store's packed, we'll get a bunch of dough!" Rin grins. "Riiiiight. What a genius idea. We'll head out now."

Rin's POV

We sneak through the back door of Akihara's. I grip my bat in my hands, ready to strike anytime. I see Len in the cereal isle, holding 2 boxes in each hand. BANG! CLANG! BOOM! Akihara drops the broom in his hands and whips around. Len shakes the boxes and throws them, resulting in corn flakes flying everywhere. I swing my bat at the cash register, until it's dented open. I threw the cash into the sack as Akihara scrambled to find Len. He managed to sneak around without getting caught. Then I screamed at the top of my lungs, and Len got the signal. He scrambled out the back door, as I ran out too. Akihara squeezes his cellphone in his hands, and sweat trickles down his red face. As Len and I escape, we high-five. I guess my brother's not such a nut after all.

Len's POV

"Kagamine! Wake up!"

I throw my head up and confusedly look around. Where was I?

"Can you give me the answer to question #16?"

Oh. I was at school.

"Um, question number 16?" Mr. Hiyama nods. "What is the equivalent of 52, in halves?" I swallow nervously. "Well, it's obviously..." The shy girl next to me, IA whispers in my ear, "26  x 2." I then blurt, "26 x 2!" Mr. Hiyama grins. "What excellent accuracy! Kagamine, have you been studying?" 

Studying? What's that?

I think it's probably something good, so I nod and grin. Mr. Hiyama looks shocked. "Wow, Kagamine! I have never expected so high of you! As long as you don't mind me saying that," I motion my hand in a way that says, "It's nothing." as I pridefully lie, "No no, I don't mind at all. I mean, I never felt the urge of showing my true capability." I add a haughty chuckle at the end, just for show. IA glances at me and blushes. I bet she likes me. So, while Hiyama is babbling on some story about how shy he was to show his intelligence as a child, I write IA a letter. It simply says,

Do you like me? (Circle one)

Yes                           No

I grin and then stick it in IA's desk, causing her to peep a bit. Then I actually try to look like I'm interested in the textbooks. I'm actually glancing over at her. Her face heats up, and she starts to un-braid and re-braid the braids in her hair. I chuckle. She seems so gullible, yet so cute. Then I write on a different piece of paper, "Just kidding. ww" Just as I'm about to stick it in her desk, I stop. It'd be hilarious to make her think I like her. As if. So, I'll wait for a bit. IA stares at the paper. Then she sighs and picks up her paper. Then she circles something on the paper.

"Take it." 

She mumbles as she shoves the paper into my hands.  I un-crinkle the paper. She circled what I'd only imagine she'd circle.

"Yes."

IA covers her face in her hands. I laugh a loud cackle, but the teacher doesn't even notice. Then I shove the note into my pocket.

IA's POV

I can't believe I did that. That's all I can think as I sulk next to my best friends, Gumi and Zunko. They don't even notice, because they're too busy talking about the latest episode of "Uguu~ Doki Doki! Ai no Gakuen". UDD Ai no Gakuen is an anime about a schoolboy who realizes 7 girls from different classes are magical girls, including his loving little sister. They all fall in love with him, and swear to protect them because of the teacher that's trying to capture him as her slave, in order to show her true form as evil ruler of all magical girls. "Okay, it was obviously Kirai that kissed Katorou!" Gumi screams. "No, that was Mirai! She just was in the form Kirai!" Zunko argues. I watched it, and it was actually Kirai in the form of Mirai. I actually listen to the storyline, unlike them. Mirai doesn't take on human shapes. Only Kirai can. But I didn't have the strength to confront them. I was in love with a delinquent. I'm the classes' top student! But in love with a delinquent?! My parents want me to marry a rich, smart doctor when I grow up. I just want to marry out of love. If I tell them that I love a delinquent, they'd punish me! I don't want to be punished by my parents, because you know what they do? They make me run 7 miles for 7 days. And they know that P.E. is my worst subject! Therefore, this'll be the only secret I'll ever keep from my parents. I have to do it, unless I actually want to run 49 miles. Which I don't.