Chapter 10: Forever Only You

Rin's POV

I was delighted to hear Miku's voice. I was sure that she was just saying she'll come back to cheer us up. 

But when I knew it was not a lie, I couldn't help but scream.

"M-miku! I...I can't believe it! Y-you're not...dead!" I stuttered.

"Why would I be? I'm not a liar~!" She replied teasingly.

"D-do you want to talk with Len?" I asked while bouncing. I may or may not ship them.

Miku said yes, and I went up to Len's room. 

KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK! 

"....what...." he muttered. (like 15 seconds after i knocked. dude.) 

"Someone on the phone wants you." "....who...." "I dunno! Just take it!" ".....the door....isn't locked...." So I grabbed the doorknob and pushed the door forward. Len's face was buried in his pillow. "You're gonna suffocate like that." I teased. He whipped his head up. It was red, and his eyes where drooped. "....happy now?!" With a groan, I threw the phone at him. He caught it singlehandedly, which I didn't expect.

I ambled out of the room giggling. Had to give the kids privacy, y'know?

Len's POV

I nearly burst into tears. (But I didn't, okay?!) 

"M-miku?!" I gasped, my voice cracking hard. "Len...it's me. You didn't think I'd leave you, did you?" Miku replied. She sounded really...chill. "I...I have to see you! I need to see you, Miku! I...I miss you, I-" I looked down as my voice trailed off. "....why did you do that to us?" 

"...I couldn't choose. I...It's an angel thing, okay?" She mumbled with a bit of regret. I sighed. "Yeah....I guess so..." I shook my head, and tried to change the subject.

"So, uh, we're gonna see you at school tomorrow?" I asked with a bit of hope.  

Miku's POV

"I...at my old school, I had many friends, and my house is...is in a town different from yours. S-so..." 

"We're not gonna see you, huh?" Len asked with his voice drooping. I twirled my hair nervously. "Well, no, but...that doesn't mean we can't be together! W-we could meet up at a really good restaurant near my place in a few, or--" 

I instantly blushed. "--O-oh, I-I mean--" "Are you trying to ask me out?"

My face went totally red. "..............ye........" I squeaked.

I heard Len laughing for a while, and then he shifted his hand through his hair. "Okay. We can go out."

One part of me was excitement that I had a boyfriend, and the other part was excitement that Len was my boyfriend. I thanked him, and we discussed on the phone for a while. 

"Miku! You have to go to sleep so that tomorrow  we can reapply you for school, okay?" I heard my mom call. "Okay, mom!" I grinned. "OH!"

I came thumping down the stairs.

"Guess what? I have a boyfriend now!" 

---Time Skip 2 years--

Len's POV

Everything is good now. I'm 16 years old now, and Miku is 18. 

Rin and I have gotten jobs at Akihara's Market, to make up for all the damage we've caused him when we were...

...younger.

Rin is going out with this dude named Nero, which is Neru's brother.

 Neru and IA are going out with other people now, but we still talk to each other sometimes. 

Miku and I are almost ALWAYS on FaceTime with each other, and I met her family. They were really kind! 

Speaking of, it's also our two-year-anniversary. I'm at her house right now. Earlier, the best thing happened.

She got me this little tacky angel charm, and a smooch on the forehead.

And I gave her a picture of us in a photo frame, and signed on the back was,

"Dear Miku,

     Thank you for changing my heart.

Love,

Len"

What a cheesy happily ever after.