Chapter 8: Chain Reaction

Len's POV

It was all too surprising. I couldn't believe that Miku would do such a thing after giving me the silent treatment. I immediately pushed her back after she finished kissing me, and then tears came streaming down her face. It was hard to make out what she was saying, but I could understand.

"L-len, I-I know...it's all j-just a p-prank andyoudon'treallylovemebecauseNerutoldmeitwasapranklikehowyouprankedIA a-and...and....an....a...." Then she bawled right into my shirt, and I felt really sorry for her. I wasn't trying to prank her at all. It was all a coincidence that everything happened like with IA and I. 

Authors Note: Hey guys. It actually was a coincidence! I didn't know that Miku's "situation" would be so similar to IA's lol (i'm kind of making this all up as i go OTL)

Miku's POV

I couldn't stop crying, for the third time this week. (I think.) But when I did stop, I got out of Len's shirt, and when I looked at Neru, her forehead vein was popping out so much, it looked like it hurt. And her face was really red too. 

"...y...you...will...pay...!!" She growled like a hostile dog.

 "W-well, Len's n-not your property!" I snapped at her. Then she threw me to the wall of a nearby building and hissed, "I know what you're doing, Hatsune. I know you just want to see me suffer. I know that Len doesn't love you. I know that you're flirting with Len by telling him you're an angel. I know that you-" "Where are you even getting this information?!" Len shouted, and I jumped back completely out of reflex. Neru just smiled at Len. "Oh, it's nothing, really! I just...did some research!" 

Just at the right moment, I heard a most familiar voice.

"But just how do you do your research?!"

Rin's POV

That Neru girl seemed to very surprised that I was here.

And that twintail girl looked relieved to see me, for some reason.

"Y'see, I have nearly the same mindset as you, kid. I know what you do. This boy I like...I want to learn more about him. So, I hacked into the school cameras, and I saw how you did your research. There's school cameras in the secretary's office, which is where the computer is, which is where the school cameras are linked to." 

Neru started to sweat, and I sneered at her.

"Now, as I was scrolling through the previous camera footage, I saw the secretary office footage. You were sitting there, and looking at videos. I could barely hear Miku's voice, but I heard it. And you were glaring at the screen, with a scowl on your face."

This caused Miku to gasp and squint at Neru.

Neru laughed nervously and snarled, "Well, I could easily show the footage of YOU in the secretary's office to the principal, and you could get suspended, or expelled! HA! Then that boy will never love you!" I shook my head.

"Just because we have nearly the same mindset, doesn't mean we have the same. I'm way smarter and stealthier than you, so I taped up the school cameras just at the time when they started a new footage, and then I deleted that snippet. Did it while wearing gloves, so they couldn't track me down."

Neru's mouth hung gaping open. 

"And besides, I could report you for stalking. I never got around to stalking Ne-er, the boy I like. Even if they do ask me how I know, I'll just turn myself in." 

"B-but why would y-you do that?! Wh...you're a...a j-juvenile d-delinquent!!" 

I glanced at Miku, and then sighed. "Why shouldn't I? I have an angel watching over me."

Her eyes instantly sparkled and lit up. 

"Th-thank you, Rin-chan! E-er...I mean, K-kaga-" I stopped her right there. "Rin-chan will do."

She smiled a big smile, and I grinned a little bit at her too.

Len's POV

"Even s-so! That doesn't matter, all that matters is poor Len-kun who's been stuck in the middle all this while." Neru cooed, and leaned her head on my shoulder. 

I started off not very defensively. "What? N-no, this is more-" "Len-kun, who do you pick? Me, or...Miku?" 

This was awkward.

"F-first of all, it was never confirmed that either of us were in a relationship! A-and-"

"Hurry up and pick one so I can get outta here, kid." Rin groaned.

"Okay, okay, geez!" I screamed. 

Everything started to feel shaky, twisty, and turny. My head hurt, and my breathing started to get funny. I never really had to make responsible choices, and I saw Rin whisper something like, "He's gonna pick ya." to Miku. 

After thinking it over, I finally decided. 

Miku was great and all, and so was Neru, but I had to pick.

"Okay. I've decided. I pick..."

Authors Note: hA! i finally did a cliffhanger right!!!!

oh and i usually aim for about 1000 words, but i couldn't get to that this time, sorry