Chapter 4- Her Arms

Miku's POV

There was a gap between two buildings---a bar, and a hair salon. In the middle, there was a trashed up alley. And in the way back, there was a dumpster. A dumpster, and in front of it, a crushed phone. I felt like I heard something from the dumpster. I opened it up. There lied Len-kun.

"Miku! Uh, I mean, Green Onion! You came to save me! ....ish....." I smiled at his silly response. But then his face got all serious. "I mean, are you sure you can defeat....her?" I looked sheepishly at my shoes, and my dress. I got all prepared for a date, but I actually ended up on a rescue mission. 

"Actually, I'm not very sure."

Len looked surprised at this response. I averted my eyes in shame, and just as I tried to reply, I heard the voice of the devil.

"LENNY! WHERE ARE YOU~?! COULD IT BE THAT YOU'RE HIDING FROM TRUE LOVE~? AHAHAHA, IT'S SO CUTE WHEN YOU DO THAT, JUST LIKE BACK THEN!" She howled. My wrist was grabbed, and the next thing I knew was that Len was cornering me in the dumpster. My heart was pounding wildly. Thump. Thump. Thump. "L-len? Why are you....?" He shushed me, and backed away slowly. Then he whispered,

"Don't. Say. A. Single. WORD." I nodded obediently, even though I was supposed to be saving him. After a bit of hiding and hearing muffled screams of "LEN-KUN~!!!" or "HONEY!!!!" or maybe even "SUGAR BEAR!!!!" I got sick and tired. I crawled out of the dumpster, as Len screamed after me. I slammed the dumpster top on him, and I kept on hearing him scream the nickname. Finally, Tei spotted me.

"......Miku....? Could it be....that you had ENDANGERED MY LEN-KUN?!?!?!"

I bit my lip hard, before I did what I was about to do. I spread my arms out wide, and screamed,

"TEI! I WILL NOT RUN FROM YOU ANYMORE! YOU'RE JUST A DEVIL WHO ACTED SWEET IN THE UNDERWORLD, ONLY TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THAT SECOND CHANCE YOU GOT!! BUT, I AM AN ALMIGHTY ANGEL! I CAN FIGHT YOU! IN OTHER WORDS, IF YOU WANT TO FIGHT

SO BE IT!!"

Tei flashed a menacing grin, and gleefully did as she was told. She pulled out a long, shiny scythe. She intended to steal my soul, right? So that I can vanish. When you steal an angel's soul, the soul-reaper will have full control over the body, and the angel's life vanishes into thin air. Never to return. No more second chances. I just stood there. I thought hard about my family, about Len, about my well-being. Then, I teleported behind Tei, just as she lunged her scythe towards the spot I previously occupied. And she fell flat on her face! I couldn't help but grin.

"It's okay, Tei. At least you tried." I had to feed my undying urge to taunt her. She growled like a hostile dog, and started to run towards me. She continued to miss her shots, and I, just stood there with a victorious grin on my face. Finally, Tei fell to her knees. She was panting heavily. I then took out my soulkeeper. It's a charm that I use to hold souls, and then overtime, they are sent to the Overworld to be judged as to where it goes. Normally, you can tell, because if it's staying up, you will have pleasant luck. However, if it's going down, it will bring not the best luck. Anyway....

Still on her knees, Tei began to make little squealing sounds. I saw that there was something falling from her face. It wasn't tears, because devils can't cry. But, it was something else. 

It was blood.

The squeals slowly got louder. I realized Tei wasn't crying. She was laughing. When she got up, she was laughing maniacally. There was this huge gash on her face, and it was bleeding. She ran at full force at me.

I had nowhere to go. My magic felt....so weak. I felt...scared, almost.

Tei's scythe was just centimeters away from my chest, when-

Rin's POV

Blood came flying onto my face, and that scythe-wielding psycho fell to the ground. 

I looked at my knife, and wiped it with my shirt. 

"Ah, Rin Kagamine! I-it's you!" Argh. That annoying girl.

She stood there with her hands clasped at her chest, and her knees pointing inward.

That's an immediate sign of a babyface.

"Um, thank you! I could've died there! I mean, my magic wasn't working so-"

"Magic?!" I scowled.

She nodded like an idiot. "Well, I'm an angel so-" 

PATHETIC.

I howled with laughter at her FAKE LIES. Angel?! Yeah, right! Of course, little-miss-babyface threw a tantrum. She stomped her feet, and growled, "It's true! Really really true!" She sounded like a child.

"Can't get ENOUGH of this baby, right Len?!" Len was sitting in the dumpster. ('Cause he's trash.) He shrugged. I rolled my eyes. "Well, Len. You BETTER come home in a few, don't flirt with this babyface. See ya." Then I headed out for home.

Len's POV

Miku pointed her little charm thing at the psycho-yandere-girl. Then, her body was practically sucked up into the little charm. Then she turned to look at me.

"U-um Len-kun?" I nodded.

"S-sorry, about today. It was kinda my fault for all this because Tei is hunting revenge on me so-"

I stopped her. "No, it's my fault. I called on the date."

Then Miku said it was her fault for taking my detention, and then I said it was MY fault for earning the detention, and then Miku said it was her fault for entering the school in the first place.

Then we both laughed.

"So, um...how about...we just....walk home together?" Miku shyly smiled.

I shrugged. "Sure."

Then we paused.

"B-but it is kinda dark a-and there's lots of thorn bushes  so-" 

I just grabbed Miku's hand and started to walk. She turned and looked at me. "Yeah," I finally said.

"We'll just walk together."

And we did just as I promised, through the thorny dark together.