Chapter 9: My Final Goodbye (not the last chapter!!)

Miku's POV

"...nobody!" 

I felt my knees knock inward, and I had to grab onto Rin for support. She helped me up with sympathy, but with also a little bit surprise in her face.

"Wait!! Why?!" Neru sputtered. 

"It's just for the better. I feel like as a girlfriend, Neru cannot be so jealous, clingy and...shady. And Miku, I feel like everytime I'm with you, everything starts to fall apart. And, you're kinda too sensitive." My heart sunk, because I knew that it was true.

"W-well...it's fine...I understand." I finally coughed up. Then I smiled. "Y-you guys...have finally...done the right thing. You...I...finally did it. My mission is done! You guys...your hearts have changed! Rin...you no longer feel the need to get away with your wrongdoings. And Len...you know how to be fair and just! Surely the one you chose was the most kindest." 

"You're not an angel, Hatsune!!" Neru screamed with a stomp.

"Well, she sure did change our hearts." Rin smiled defensively. I hugged her. 

After a while, Len joined in on our hug.

We all just stood there, hugging. All of a sudden, we started laughing and crying. At the same time. 

"Remember how we all couldn't get along with each other? I couldn't get along with you, Rin, and I couldn't get along with you, Miku, and..." Len laughed.

"And now look at us dorks, hugging like idiots." Rin sniffled.

"...it's weird, but I like it." I lightly giggled.

So as we stood there, I started to feel funny.

My legs hurt. 

"H-hey!! What's happening to you, Miku?!" Neru shouted. We immediately disbanded the hug to see what was happening to me.

My legs were blurring up. They were disappearing.

Rin's POV

This really concerned me, but Miku seemed just fine. 

"A...ah...." She mumbled.

"MIKU!! WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON WITH YOU?!" Len shouted. 

"D-don't...w-worry..." Her legs were now disappearing. 

"Don't worry?! You're disappearing!!" I replied with aggression in my voice. "I-It'll be okay, R-rin...chan..." "B-but-" "...this h-happens....t-to all angels...when th-they complete their t-t...asks..."

Neru paled up, and then she blushed in embarrassment.

"I...I'll be back soon, g-guys...th...this is o-only t-temporary....I'll...I'll f-finally m-make my....f-family hap...py..." Her legs were now gone, and her waist was disappearing too.

"Th...tha....nk you....f-for ev...erything. my....family lives...f-far away...we m-may not see...each other..."

This was really hard to see.

"No! Miku, I..." Len started to choke on his words.

"...hm....? wh...who is..." Apparently Miku's sight was starting to blur up. Len ran up to Miku, and held her cheek.

"C-can you still see me?" he whispered. Miku tried to nod. Her torso was blurry.

"y...yes...i-i can..." she whispered back.

"....I-I....I l...love y...you, Len..." she paused. "...I-I've n...ever felt this w...ay about a...nybody o-outside m...my family..." Tears started to run down her face. "...my f-family....! ....I...w-want to see them...w...when I...come b-back...I'll see....m-my family!" Miku laughed so joyfully, it made my chest hurt. Our family...wasn't worth seeing.