Always

5 weeks later.
I jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom.
Ugh, I hate having the flu.
Pine heard me and got up. His hair was crazy and his eyes were tired but, he came to comfort me none the less.
"You okay?" He said pulling my hair out of my face.
"Yeah. I just gotta shake this bug." I said.
He rubbed circles on my back.
"You sure it's the flu?"
"Yeah. I've had the flu before. It was like this."
I got up and changed from my pjs into my mission suit. We were training today.
"I could write you a 'doctor's excuse'. You could just rest today. I'm sure the others wouldn't mind."
"No. I have to train. I was off my game on our last mission. I can't fall behind. I'll be fine. I feel better already!"
Pine looked at me skeptically.
"Alright, if you say so."

Tricity walked through the hallways and tunnels of their underground base. She scanned a keycard and opened a door.
"Is it ready?"
"Almost." Krissie answered.
Tricity looked at the small generator Krissie held in her hand.
"Well, they do say big things come in small packages." She said.
"When it is complete. We will be able to extract the power from the Elementals."
"But, what about the people?" Krissie asked.
"What about them?" Tricity asked.
"Haven't you seen the headlines? The entire country is praising them. Even if we do defeat them we'll never gain their trust. Our success will mean nothing if we don't have their... support."
"Then we'll just have to take their powers away too."
"What do you mean? They don't have any powers."
"Oh, but, they do. Everyone has one unique quality something specific to them. Something that sets them apart from the norm. If we take that away from them, they will be nothing. They will loose all sense of purpose. There will be no one standing in our way. There will be no one telling us what is right and what is wrong. We will be our own bosses. We will control everything. That is the only true way to destroy the Elementals. That is the only way for us to be happy.
"The entire country?" Krissie asked. "I'm gonna need a lot more of these."
"First we start with the Elementals. Then, we expand outward. We will be in control of the world."
Tricity laughed.
"There's nothing that can stop us now." Krissie said.
"Our take over has begun."

I dodged the blasts from the training simulator.
The blasts were a lot louder than I remember. Until the sirens went off and the simulation shut down.
"What's going on?" I asked.
Before anyone could answer the world turned red.
Fire consumed our training room and everyone lay motionless amongst the ruble.
"That was easier than I thought." I heard Tricity's fading voice as I fell in and out of consciousness. Until, finally, I blacked out.