Chapter 1

"Ughhhh ! I hate home work!" said 14 year old Louis. He was short, cute,had a fringe and was what you call a 'nerd'. "Common Lou, its only a few sums.." said Kate his best and only friend. They were neighbours too. She was very good at academics but not a 'nerd'. Her brunette hair was put up in a bun. She was beautiful but Louis was not attracted to her. In fact, he wasn't attracted to any girl in his grade. He did find it weird but tried not to think about it. About and hour and a half later they finished their home work and Kate went back home.

After a boring day at school, Louis came home with his hair messed up, shirt untucked and a black eye." Honey, what happened?" his mom said worried. "Is it those big kids again? do you want me to complain to their moms or the principal?" "Their not big mom, I'm just short. And I am used to this. Please don't go complaining to their moms." His mom led him into the kitchen and put some ice on his eye. She knelt down to his height and said "Lou, your dad has got a job in London." "yay" said louis sarcastically. " Please Lou, he's your dad. Anyway its a permanent job.. so we have to move there with him" his mom said slowly. " mom, first of all he's my 'step' dad. and second I'm not leaving Kate. You know she's my only friend. Do you think I can make new friends huh?". Tears swelled up in his mom's eyes "Lou, I'm sorry but it's final. We can't do anything now.". "But-" " no buts Lou, its final. I'm sorry. Now go wash up. Look at the state of your shirt..."