Chapter 18 - "Sleepover?"

"I'm sorry," Dylan and I said in unison.

When Harry and I got back from the bakery, I went straight to bed. I needed to sleep off all my feelings.

Dylan was sitting at the edge of the bed when I woke up, and I thought it was only fair to apologize.

"What are you apologizing for Red? You didn't do anything."

"I just thought I had to."

"No I have to. I trust him and I especially trust you and I'm sorry for thinking that you would hurt me. Which is why this is so hard for me to do," he sighed and grabbed my hand.

I sat up worried.

"Is everything okay?"

"It will be, I promise."

"Dylan, you're scaring me."

"I think we should break up."

"Wh-what? Why? N-no. No!"

"Alice this is better for the both of us and you know that."

"N-no, I love you."

"I love you too and I know this is horrible timing but Al, you love the boy sitting out there and you can't keep denying that. As much as it pains me to say it, you don't love me like you used too."

"No I love you. I love you Dylan. Don't do this."

"By the end of the day you'll be fine. I promise."

"Please."

I watched the tears roll down his face and I couldn't stop mine from coming out.

I kissed him and he kissed me back.

"I love you."

"I love you too Alice."

"Are we going we going to be okay?" I asked as he laid down next to me.

"We'll always be okay. You're my first love, no one could ever beat you."

I pulled his arm around me and he held me close.

"I really wanted us to work," I told him as I let a couple more tears fall.

"I know Al, I know."

We stayed in silence, just staying in each other's comfort. He was right though, I was starting to feel better. Once the initial shock wore off I started to see it in his point of view. We weren't the same as how we used to be when we were younger. It's been four years, we've both grown up and grown apart.

"Mumma?" I heard Winter's little voice ask. He peeked his head into the room and grinned. I opened up my arms and he ran and jumped into the bed with us.

"Sorry I've been all over baby, mummy's been having a hard time."

"It's okay mummy. Daddy told me your mummy mean and that Harry help you get better."

"That's right. You're such a big boy."

"Mummy is auntie Eleanor okay?"

"I don't know baby. We got into a small argument."

"Oh! Like how Nolan and I fight over ninja turtles."

"Yeah like that."

"Daddy?"

"Yeah?"

"We take care of mummy forever right?"

"Forever Winter. Always and forever."