Chapter 7 - "She is right here"

Today was the day. It was the start of my new job. Although I didn't know what I was doing. I hoped I would love it. Or that they would be understanding about my situation with me and my son.

As I stood in front of the building, I took a deep breath before walking inside.

"Alice Fray!" one of the women at my interview exclaimed.

"Hello," I said shaking her hand.

I hadn't realized it until now but this placed looked an awfully a lot like a party hall.

"Where are my manners? My name is Marissa."

"Lovely to meet you."

"Likewise my dear."

"So what exactly will my job be?" I asked.

"Oh right yes! Well you'll be an event planner for this company. You won't always be needed so that'll give you time with your son, am I correct?"

"Yes. I can't believe you still remember that."

"How could I forget? It's one of the many reasons why we chose you," I smiled and she returned the gesture.

"So will I make plans on a daily basis for the whole company?"

"Only when you are needed. Why don't you follow me to meet the people you'll be working with. Not all are here yet but one is."

She started leading me to one of the rooms. I had more questions for her, so I asked them as we walked.

"So what company is this exactly?"

"Event planning and catering. I'm sure you heard of us before, Holland Creek?"

"No way. I'm working for Holland Creek. This fucking amazing! Oh god, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to curse. Its just you guys are the biggest name in the catering business," she laughed.

"Don't worry about it. I actually expected that reaction."

"Thank goodness."

"Well here we are," she pulled opened the door.

"Harry..." I whispered looking at him shell-shocked.

"Alice!" He exclaimed. 

"I was wondering when I'd finally get to see you here," he walked over and gave me a hug. Suddenly a whole bunch of emotions took over. I began to cry the minute Harry's arms wrapped around me.

"Alice! Alice, what's wrong?"

"Thank you Harry."

"What for?"

"For finding me a job that will work for me and Winter."

"Alice, it's no problem."

"I'm really grateful Harry," I looked at him and smiled. He wiped my eyes and smiled back.

"Am I interrupting something here?" A familiar voice said.

"Hi Louis," I said turning around and chuckling.

"Were you two gonna kiss because I'll need to take out my phone first and send a picture to Eleanor," he said.

"No why you would you do that?" Harry asked. Oh Harry, poor oblivious Harry.

"Uh... you know what? I'm gonna go find Marissa. Yeah I'm gonna go do that," he said turning around. I hadn't even noticed she had walked out.

Harry went to go take a seat on the couch and I followed suit.