Chapter 2 - "Call me Red"

"Red!" Eleanor yelled opening the door.

"Elle!" I exclaimed grabbing her in my arms. I let a couple of tears fall out as she rubbed my back.

"It's going to be okay."

"Louis doesn't know, does he?" I asked in a whisper barely audible.

"I didn't tell him nothing and don't worry Louis doesn't know about Winter either."

"I love you Elle."

"I love you too. What are best friends for love," she said making a smile on my face.

Eleanor was all I had besides Winter. Even though she was two years older than me she never treated me like I was younger. She was the sister I had always wanted.

"Now come on, I want you to properly meet my boyfriend," she stated dragging me toward the living room where he sat giving me a cunning smile.

"Hi, you must be Alice, I'm Louis," he said standing up to give me a hug.

"I know who you are," I replied with a chuckle.

"I guess you're right. We did meet before, for about a minute before you ran off," he said smirked and I jokingly rolled my eyes.

"Right, I tend to do that a lot."

"Oh it's cool, I'm just glad I could finally meet the person Elle never seems to shut up about."

"Hey!" She said playfully slapping his arm.

I chuckled as he gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"If it makes it you feel any better I never shut up about you Elle," I told her.

"Actually that's slightly worrying, " she said winking at me. I really didn't have anyone else to talk too besides Winter and maybe the guy at the coffee shop.

"Um Alice, I was wondering if you'd like to go to a formal party tomorrow night," Louis asked.

"I uh, I'll have to think about it."

"Oh come on Red! It'll be so much fun plus it's a masquerade," Elle said.

"But Winter."

"Is in two months. I think you'll be fine," Louis stated making Eleanor and I burst out laughing.

"Did I say something funny?" He asked making us laugh more.

"It's not my place to tell," Eleanor stated in between laughs. I tried to slow down my laughs as Louis sat there confused.

"Can I please know what's happening?" Louis whined.

"You can trust Louis, Red and maybe he might be able to help," Louis looked at me and I could just feel his eyes boring into my head.

"Winter is my son," I admitted. He looked shocked for a moment, before a smile crept on to his face.

"Can I meet him?" He asked with excitement.

"I don't see any harm in that."

"Oh Elle, when are we going to try and have a baby?"

"Slow your role there Lou, I don't want to have a baby while you're getting ready to go on tour soon."

"Yeah, I guess you're you're right."

"No, I am right," she said with a smile.

I looked at the time on my phone and noticed it was getting close to pick Winter up from day care.

"What am I going to do about finding another job Elle."

"I'm sure we'll find something. As for you, maybe you should start heading back to go and pick up Winter."