{chapter 8: girlfriend? i like the sound of that.}

{Hayes' POV}

I had this all planned out. I would ask her during the movie. I drove her to a new movie theater that had recliner seats and the screens were ginormous. It wasn't technically open yet, but I know the guy who owns it and I've been there a few times for free.

Skylar was stoked when I told her about the theater. We would be the only ones there. I glanced over at her while at a stop light. She looked so beautiful. Her hair was perfectly curled and framed her face. "Skylar?" I asked.

"Yeah?" She said, looking at me. "You look beautiful." I said. I could sense her blush as she looked at her feet, saying, "Thank you." I grabbed her hand and kept driving.

The movie would start at 9, and it was 8:57. "Hayes, uh have you checked the gas lately?" Skylar said nervously. I glanced over at my tank, I was almost empty. Great, we were late and out of gas.

"Oh crap. My car doesn't run very well with low gas." I said. I decided to just park in the Walmart parking lot next to the theater. I grabbed Skylar's hand and we ran to the theater. "You're crazy." She said, laughing.

"Thanks, I try." I said, catching my breath. Once we got to the theater, it was 9:02. We rushed to the front and my dads friend, Jim, was at the cash register.

"Hey, Hayes! How's it going?" Jim asked me as we approached the register. "It's going pretty good, what about you?" I asked him. "Well, it's going." He said and chuckled. "Who's the lady?" He asked me, gesturing towards Skylar. "This is Skylar." I said. My girlfriend, I thought.

"Nice to meet you, thank you for letting us watch a movie here." Skylar said, while shaking Jim's hand. "Oh anything for a Grier. So what movie are you watching tonight?" He asked. "We're gonna watch Mocking Jay." I said.

"Ooh, good choice." He said. I had already seen it, but it was worth watching again. "Can we get some popcorn?" I asked him. "Of course." He said, while walking over to the popcorn machine.

He gave us our popcorn, and we headed to the theater. "I'm so excited, even though I've already seen this movie." Skylar said. "Me too." I said, opening the door. "After you." I said, turning my hand towards the theater. "Thank you." She said.

I walked in after her and grabbed her hand. There was no one in the theater. The seats were paired up in two. Perfect. We walked further into the theater and sat right in the middle.

"Whoa, the screen is huge!" Skylar said with excitement in her eyes, as she gazed at the screen. She looked so beautiful. I stared at her for a minute. She noticed me watching her and turned her head, giggling. "What? Do I have something on my face? Oh my goodness, I am so embarrassed!" She said, as her hands flew to her face.

"No, no, it's just," I paused. Am I coming on too strong by saying this? "You look beautiful." I said. Even in the dark, I could sense her blush. "Thank you." She said, squeezing my hand. Whew, I am so glad she is one of those girls who just accepts compliments without denying them.

The movie began, and I heard her yawn. I put my arm around her, and she leaned her head on my shoulder. She made this movie ten times better. "So, what is it like being famous?" She asked, out of nowhere. "I don't know, I don't think I would consider myself that famous." I said.

"I saw your face on a magazine last night, seems pretty famous to me." She said, chuckling. "Yeah, well I guess it's just such a great experience." I said. "Like what?" She asked. "All of it. I mean, I love meeting new people and getting to live my dreams. It's all amazing." I said.

She nuzzled her head into my chest. "You're amazing." She said, her voice muffled. "I know." I said, smirking. She laughed more. I love how we're not even paying attention to the movie. "What about you? How's life for Skylar?" I asked her.