Chapter 3: A Stranger.

My eyes were heavy as I sat against the worn barn wall. I had my eyes on Daryl and Maggie. He handed her the music box and she gave him a small smirk. I wondered what they were talking about...Maggie quickly got up and made her way over to me.

"Hey Grace." She sat down next to me.

"Hey..."

"I'm sorry for snapping at you yesterday, Daryl told me about what happened."

"So what? Are you going to feel bad for me now...don't...because what I said was wrong." I started to get up but she grabbed my wrist.

"Seeing my sister triggered something in you...you need to let it out Grace. You're hurting too. Why don't come and get some fresh air with Sasha and I?"

"Why are you being nice to me when I'm nothing but a bitch?" I quickly said.

"Why? Because your family just like everyone else here..." Her face softened and it made my eyes water a little.

"Alright, I'll go with you guys." She smiled and we got to our feet. She walked over to wake up Sasha while I walked over to Daryl.

"Good morning."

"Mornin'." He got to his feet.

"I'm goin' with Sasha and Maggie..." He pushed stray hair out of my face and then pulled the ponytail out of my hair. He then pushed my head forward and kissed me in the center of my forehead.

"Be careful..." He mumbled and then walked passed me. Maggie and Sasha unlatched the doors and I followed them outside. Trees had fallen all around the barn. Walkers were struggling to get out from under them. I'm surprised that a tree didn't fall into the barn, it was almost like we were meant to survive. I grabbed my cross around my neck and whispered.

"Thank you..."

We finally came to a sort of clearing and sat on a fallen tree. Maggie was messing with the music box. "Daryl said he fixed it," She smiled winding it up but it didn't work. "Unbelievable." She said putting it in between us. We all turned our heads toward a rustling noise. A guy came around the tree holding up his hands.

"It's okay, I'm Aaron I'd like to talk to your leader Rick." He said with a smile. Sasha looked at Maggie holding her gun on him. Right at that moment the music box started which was really eerie.

"How in the hell do you know him!?" Sasha snapped.

"It's my job to find people you see-"

"We don't give a damn hand over your weapons and pack, will take you to him." I quickly said getting up and walking over to him. He didn't hesitate and quickly took off his backpack. I grabbed it and he handed me a gun.

"I'll search him for anything else." Maggie said. I examined the gun.

"40 Caliber, shit your packin'." I chuckle. Maggie searches him.

"Nothing else..."

"Let's go." Sasha says. I quickly grab the music box and hold the gun on Aaron. We all walk back to the barn with him walking in front of us. "Here, hand it to me." So I handed her the backpack. She slung it over her shoulder. I kept the gun on Aaron.

Once we got to the barn Maggie opened the door. "Everyone this is Aaron." She said walking in. Everyone suddenly became hostile especially Rick. Daryl slammed the barn doors behind us.

"We took his stuff." Sasha quickly said. I still held the gun on Aaron. Daryl stood next to me and grabbed the gun.

"Rick?" He said.

"That's me who in the hell are you?" He bounced Judy in his arm.

"My name is Aaron, I thought you all might be interested in our community."