Chapter 8: Happy Gathering.

I was just about to knock on Deanna's door when it swung open. "Grace nice to see you again." She smiled.

"You too." I gave her a soft smile. My eyes met Maggie's and she lifted her brows. My face suddenly fell serious as I stepped in the house.

"Maggie's just helping with decorations if you'd like to help?"

"Sure." I said going to help Maggie.

"Well?" Maggie whispered.

"He told me to stop by tonight...I guess I'll go after the party." I let out a sigh. "What if I am?" I shake my head tacking up the decoration.

"Then you are and there isn't anything you can do except live your life Grace." My heart started to pound. I let out a breath trying to forget about it. I pulled out another decoration. As I was walking across the room a guy rounded the corner and I bumped into him.

"Sorry..." I said weakly.

"It's fine I'm uh...Spencer." He held out his hand. My heart did a flip when he looked at me, he was very handsome.

"Grace..." I shook it.

"Beautiful name." He smirked. Shit this guy was flirting with me.

"Thanks..."

"Allow me." He grabbed the decoration and put it up. I glanced at Maggie and she lifted her brow. Things just started to get more awkward after that. After awhile of decorating I really started to miss Daryl, it was hard to be away from him.

We would pause for breaks. Deanna made us some weird concoction for lunch, it wasn't half bad but Carol's casseroles were much better. After that it took us another hour. When Maggie and I finished we walked home to get dressed for the party.

"I miss Glenn...I can't wait to see him at the party." She said. My stomach churned, I knew Daryl probably wouldn't go. Social gatherings weren't really his thing.

"Yeah..."

Once we finally got home the sun was setting. I walked into the house and found Rick bouncing Judy up and down. He was in a white button up shirt.

"Well if it ain't constable Grimes looking very handsome tonight." I chuckled when he looked at me and smiled.

"Thank you Mrs. Dixon." He winked. I blushed, I had been called that many times today. It had a very nice ring to it.

"Is Mr. Dixon here?" Rick shook his head and my stomach dropped. I was having very bad Daryl withdrawals.

Maggie quickly came running in. She was holding a white dress with blue flowers on it. It almost looked like a spring type of dress.

"Grace, Carol found it she said it reminded her of you." She held it out. I grabbed it looking at it.

"It's beautiful..."

"What are you waiting for go put it on." Rick said from behind me. So I made my way to the bedroom and put the dress on. It fit really well except for the top half which felt a little tight. I looked down at my beat up boots and frowned. Someone knocked on the door.

"Come in!" I called and it swung open. Maggie and Rick peeked in the room.

"Well?" Maggie asked.

"It's beautiful, I just have one issue..." I stuck my foot out showing her the ugly ass cowboy boots I was wearing.

"That's when these come in." She threw down some blue flats on the floor. I quickly took off my boots and slid my feet in the flats. After that I gave them both a little twirl, it had been awhild since I wore a real dress.

"Beautiful." Rick said with a smirk.

"Let's go..." Maggie smiled. I followed them out shutting the bedroom door behind me.

When we got downstairs we met up with everyone else. We all decided to walk together to Deanna's party. Carol was holding a batch of cookies she had made, they looked decent for apocalypse cookies. Rick knocked on the door once we got up the porch. Spencer came to the door greeting us. He gave me a smirk when we made eye contact. As I walked in I couldn't believe it...this actually felt normal. My stomach sank though because Daryl was nowhere to be found.

"It's just not his thing you know Grace..." Glenn said.

"I know...I just haven't seen him all day." I forced a smile.

"You'll get to see him..." He said hugging me before turning away. I hung around a little, nibbling on a few things. About 20 minutes in I told Maggie that I was going to Aaron's and made my way back outside.