Chapter 6: Together.

I helped Carol unload everything trying to forget what just happened. She pulled shampoo and body wash out of the box setting it on the table. Shit...now I was imaging his soapy hands run all over my body.

"You're first." Carol said. I smiled a hot shower sounded nice but maybe I should be taking a cold one. I grabbed the shampoo and body wash.

"Thank you." I said as she gave me a small smile. I made my way to the stairs slowly making my way up them. My hips and lower back hurt from walking so much. Daryl came out of the bathroom when I reached the hallway upstairs. Just seeing him made my stomach tingle. I watched as he buckled his belt.

"Having a little trouble?" I asked. He lifted his head looking at me. He then gave me a side grin.

"Nah, I think I'm good." He made his way over to me and kissed me. He pulled away but I grabbed his arm.

"Wait...I'm sorry about yelling earlier..."

"It's fine Angel, I just want you to be able to make friends." He says.

"Daryl I don't care to make friends I have you and this group. To me that's all that matters, I love you guys..." He kisses my cheek.

"Go take a shower...get comfortable." I just smiled and headed into the bathroom. I felt heat pouring into my cheeks once I shut the door. I couldn't stop thinking about earlier. I quickly set the shampoo and body wash down then proceeded to strip all my clothes off. It felt like my bra was the tightest thing in the world.

I grabbed the two bottles making my way to the shower. I opened the door and stepped in. It was huge, I set the bottles in a little rack and turned on the water. I could hear the pipes rumble and then...water. I haven't showered in a long time. I closed my eyes letting the water wash all the nasty muck off my skin. I grabbed the body wash, washing my body over and over again. Then it was the same process with washing my hair. Once I felt clean enough I just stood under the shower looking at the glimmering ring on my finger.

For some reason I just broke down into tears, thinking of what I had said to Deanna. I've never had someone love me as much as Daryl...Seth never loved me like Daryl does. He never pleasured me like Daryl does. I mean he did but not as well. If only I could have met Daryl Dixon before all of this...end-of-the-world-mess. I wiped my face and shut the shower off. When I got out I wrapped a towel around my body and another on my head.

Shit...I completely forgot clean clothes. I picked up my dirty ones and slowly opened the door a small crack making sure the coast was clear. I could smell the opossum being cooked downstairs and surprisingly it smelt really good. Surely, I was just hungry. Seeing that the coast was clear I ran to the bedroom on my right and shut the door. I dropped my towel along with the dirty clothes. I saw the chest of drawers and walked over to them. I rummaged through the drawers finding clothes right away. I pulled them on shocked at how well they fit me. Even the bra I found fit me and it wasn't as constrictive. It was a size bigger so there was more room in the cups.

Once I was dressed I took the towel off my head and picked up all the shit I'd thrown on the floor. I saw a hamper next to the door and threw it all in there. After that I opened the bedroom door and made my way back downstairs.

When I got downstairs Glenn and Maggie were sitting on the couch holding hands as Carol was busy cooking. "Where's my husband?" I asked.

"Outside..." Maggie said with a smile. Of course he was...I should of know his favorite place in the whole world. The door suddenly opened and Michonne came in with a smile on her face. It was nice to see how happy she was. She went and sat at the island making small conversation with Carol. Not too long after, Tara, Rosita, Noah, Abraham, and Eugene came in the house. They sat down on the loveseat and couch. Everyone was starting to socialize, I smiled thinking I'd never hear these things again. I went and sat in a chair waiting for Daryl to come in.