C h a p t e r 14 : Black&Blue

He walked pass the ill patients, the corridor never felt so long.
He knocked on the door before entering. His heart was still beating in the same rhythm it was three years ago. "Good morning, Shinohara san. It's have been a while since I have visited you the last time... heh... sorry about that..." Juuzou whispered and sat next to his old partner.

"Mia san!" Haise greeted Mia as she walked into the building.
"Oh, Haise san. Good morning" Mia smiled and bowed.
"Good morning, how do you feel? I'm so sorry I haven't visited you since your fight, it's so rude of me..." Said Haise.
"It's fine, really. I'm much better now, I'm really happy I can come back" Mia said. "The meeting is starting at 9, right?" Mia asked.
"What Meeting?" Asked Haise, rising one eyebrow.
"About the new mission! Akira told me about it few days ago." Mia explained.
"Oh, didn't you heard? It got canceled. I don't really know why... but don't worry, there will be more missions" Haise said and smiled.
"Oh, I see... Well fine then..." Mia said.
"Today I need you and Saiko to go to the library. There have been strange rumors about it... I don't really know... go and find Saiko, I told her about it already" Said Haise.
"Okay, see ya" Mia said and walked to search for her friend.
'It's so weird... I wonder why the mission got canceled... maybe Akira got sick or something...? No it can't be it... what that is...' Mia was in the middle of her thoughts as she bumped into someone.
"O-h Sorry!" She immediately apologized and bowed.
"It's fine" A said the boy. Mia looked at him, his hair was in a dark color and his eyes were light.
"Are you new here? I haven't seen you before..." Mia asked.
The boy chuckled and said "Yea, actually. It's my first day here. Do you know were the meeting room is?"

"Han-bee~" Juuzou popped out of nowhere.
"I can't find Mia chan~" He cried out.
"Suzuya senpai, I think I saw her with a guy in the meeting room..." Said Hanbee.
Juuzou's wondered eyes search for the room.
Can it be true that she was alone, in a room, with another boy?
To his surprise it was the truth. Right next to his beautiful Mia, was standing an adolescent with dark hair and a keen smile.
"Mia chan~~ Who is it? Your new friend?" Asked Juuzou, walking towards the two.
"Oh Juuzou! Have you met Kou? He is new here" Said Mia and smiled.
Juuzou just stood there staring with his big red eyes at the boy.
"Nice to meet you" Said Kou and hold out his hand to greet him, but Juuzou who's suffering from lack of empathy, kept staring at the guy whom strangely was calm.
Mia thought that Kou felt apprehensive, so she quickly suggested going to eat somewhere.
"My my, what a great meal~" Juuzou said, eating his sandwiches.
"Aren't you hungry Kou kun?" Asked Mia.
"Not really, I'm fine with just coffee" Said Kou and smiled.
"Fuff, Kou kun, you have to taste the sandwiches here~ I'm telling you they are really good" Said Juuzou, offering him one.
"I really don-"– "I insist." Said Juuzou, his happy ruby eyes turn into blood dead glance.
"How burdensome" whispered Kou and took the sandwich.
"You see? I'm not a ghoul, Juuzou." Said Kou.
Mia didn't understand.
"Excuse me, but I have to get going now, see you at work" Said Kou and got up.
"Juuzou! What was it for?" Mia asked.
"All his body covered with a ghoul's odor." Juuzou hissed.
"But he is a ghoul investigator!" Said Mia.
"It dosen't mean anything" Said Juuzou.
"It's not fine and not kind of you to-" – "God, you are so annoying. And since when I am kind to people I don't know?" Said Juuzou and got up.
"Annoying? Juuzou you scare the shit out of him" Said Mia.
"Mia chan~How many times I was wrong about something?" Asked Juuzou.
"W-What do you mean?" Asked Mia.
"Can't you just rely on me?~" He asked, swinging his head to the side.
"J-Juoz..." Mia whispered, looking down at her hot cup of tea.

The hour was late when Juzo and Mia finally got back to their apartment.
"I wonder why the mission canceled..." Mia sigh as she sat down in the hot tub.
Her hair was tied up and her body relaxed in the warm water.
'I want to go to more missions...' Mia thought and closed her eyes, letting the warm feeling surround her. "Mia chan~?" Juuzou's playful voice searched for her. "Not now..." Mia said quietly.
"But you will fall asleep" Said Juuzou sweetly.
"So what if I... fall asleep...here..." Mia whispered, her eyes feels heavy for some reasons. "heh... you can't fall asleep here, Mia chan." Said Juuzou.
"The bed is so cold without you..." He complained.
"My my, if you insist... "Said Mia and got up, warping her body with a towel.
Juuzou's grin grew bigger as he hopped into the bed.
Mia wore a shirt and sweat pants and lay next to him.
"You are so warm~~" Juuozu whispered as he hugged her tightly.
"J-Juuzou you are to t-t-ight" Mia said, choking.
"Ne ne~ my bad~" He smiled, "say, Mia chan, do you love me?" He asked, his voice curious. "Of course I do... isn't it obvious?" Mia asked.
"I still don't get it... what love means..." Said Juuzou.
"Nobody knows what love means... we just feel it" Mia said.
"I love candies... but then I eat them... should I eat you too~?" He asked playfully and gently bit Mia's neck.
"Ha, Juzo!" Mia laugh and warped her legs around his little body.
"Mia chan is so sweet~~" Juuzou sang as he leaned closer and kissed her lips gently. Mia didn't want to let him go, she didn't want to separate their lips, but fast enough Juuzou was already sleeping on her shoulder, while his hands still around her. 'This little brat' She thought as she kissed his forehead and closed her eyes.