C h a p t e r 18 : Rei's birthday

*Flashback*

"I warned you~ Now tell me, Kou kun, what have you done with my pretty Mia chan?" Asked Juuzou.

"I-I don't know I-" The boy shuttered, "Come on, I know you are hiding something" Said Juuzou and held the knight even tighter.

"Okay-Okay I will tell you but please, don't kill me!!!" Juuzou chuckled and let the boy speak.

"I...I don't know what the point is... I have someone who is above me... he tells me what to do. He told me to find a ghoul who is mentally weak and give this to him. Mia was...the perfect target. I looked at her file and saw there she had a really hard past, so I decided to choose her." Said the boy, almost crying. "I see" said Juuzou.
"And what that thing does?" He asked.
"Well, it's spouse to kill her or to control her." Said the boy. "What a pain..." Juuzou sigh and sat down on the table he was standing on.
"And what should I do to help her now?" He asked.
"The only thing you can do is to touch her peak." He explained.
"Peak?" – "Something that will drive her insane. It can be very good or very bad... you need to make her loose her sanity just for a couple of seconds. It will be enough to bring her back"

*Present*

"Mia, Mia! Can you hear me?" Haise said but the laying body didn't answer. He put his ear next to her lips. 

"She's not breathing!" He said as he started to Perform CPR. Because Haise was the only one who knew to do CPR there, Juuzou just sat there next to him, unsure how to react. Mia's body was cold and blue. Her heart wasn't beating.
"Come on, Mia!" Haise said, pushing his hands up and down.
"The help is on the way!" Akira informed and put her cellphone back in her pocket.
"Mia..." Saiko sobbed lightly.
"Senpai, are you fine? Your stomach is hurt; you should go with me and stich it up before you will lose too much blood." Said Hanbee in concern.
However, Juuzou didn't answer.
"Senpai- " – "Urusai" Said Juuzou, annoyed.
Hanbee who was a little offended decided not to talk but sit next to Juuzou. 

Mia started to choke water.
"Mia, come on!" Haise said as he turn her to the side and let the water leave her body.
The help arrived and took her to the hospital. Juuzou was laying on one of the tracks. The stars were numerous tonight.
All the people were so happy about the ending of the war in victory, but Juuzou felt as if he lost in everything.
Just the thought of losing her again made him want to vomit.
"Juuzou, how are you?" Asked Haise, sitting next to the boy.
"Fine" hissed Juuzou, not taking his eyes off the sky.
"I... I know it's hard to lose someone, Juuzou. Don't push yourself too much." Said Haise.
"I'm not pushing myself at all, Haise san" Said Juuzou and smiled. "It's just that I know she will stop fighting due to her feelings" He said, rubbing his raven hair.
"Before she... let's say "lost consciousness" I made her feel inferior." He said, hugging his kness together and putting the side of his head on them.
"How will she be back if she was suffering, Haise san~" Juuzou asked quietly. 

He has been sitting there for weeks, waiting for her. One night, when the air was warm and the summer wind break through the open window, Mia opened her eyes.
"bonichwa (hello)" He whispered, stoking her hair.
"Juuzou... where am I?" She asked, stretching out and sighing.
"In the CCG hospital" He said, his fingers won't leave Mia's delicate hair.
"What happened to me...?" She asked, her head is still dizzy.
"You were attacked by a Kakuja in the war, remember?" He asked softly.
Mia could see the pictures in her head – The blood drops, the spinning, and drowning...
"I drowned...why I am alive then?" Mia asked, confuses. She was sure in her death and refused to think in a different way.
"Haise saved you..." Juuzou whispered.
"Haise...? I see..." Mia said, her voice still a bit husky.
"I'm sorry" Juuzou said and kissed her forehead.
"You shouldn't be..." Mia said, curling under the blanket, trying to cover her tears.
"For a moment there, when I saw your face back there, I thought I lost you...and... to tell the truth I never felt scared, but back then, it was obvious. I knew I wouldn't be able to let you go" Mia put her hands on her face, sobbing lightly under the blanket.
"I...I...I really love you... I was so scared... you scared me s-so much..." Mia almost choke from her own tears.
"I know" Juuzou said and took the blanket off her.
"I love you too" He said and smiled a gentle smile.
Mia took off her hand to look at him, and was immediately hypnotized by his angelic expression. So calm and warm.
She wrapped her hands around him. One hand around his neck, the other placed on his head, squeezing a bit into his Charcoal-colored hair.
"Please, don't ever do that again!" Her voice was so worried.
He put his head on hes shoulder and warped his  other hand around her waist and pulled her closer.
"I won't, I promise" He whispered into her shoulder.