C h a p t e r 17 : Don't let me drown

Mia's p.o.v

It was Friday night. We were driving in the big track, a creepy silence surrounded us. In the track was sitting my squad and Akira. I was sitting next to the window, looking at the trees.
I feel so scared, I feel so alone.
I'm here.
That voice, moving as the speed of sound, echoing my body.
I felt like I was standing at the edge of a mountain, so close to fall down, but he is still holding me up.
We came to the place, and I hear so many voices, but I can't understand them.
"Mia san" Haise said, waking me up from my bubble.
"Come with us" He said and pull my cold hand.
We were going fast through all the people, and still, I can't see him. He stopped when we came into a big track which was equipped with computers and tools.
Kuki Urie, Tooru Mutsuki, Saiko Yonebayashi, and Akira Mado were standing around a big table.
"We need to work fast. There are four buildings; they are all connected by thick & stoned bridges. The North building is being surrounded by groups of ghouls. The South building is closed; our members said there's nothing special. In the West building two kakuja ghouls killing nonstop. The East building surrounded by some one eyed ghouls. Haise and suzuya's squad will be in the West building. The suzuya's squad already there, so Haise, go" Said Akira. Haise nodded and with that disappeared. The desire to run after him and see and help Juuzou was much stronger than I thought.
Don't mess up.
"Saiko and Tooru – go now to the North and the rest to the East. By the way – if anyone even thinks about breaching my orders; he can stay there and die. Don't even think about skipping from building to building – when you will be done with your work come as fast as you can and wait until the next order. I will stay here and watch over everything. In your clothes there are microphone's, when you have a problem or something like that, turn it on. Good luck" She said as we were leaving the track and heading to the East building.
Urie is a slender young man of average height, with purple hair and dark eyes. I never worked with him alone, so I don't know what to expect because he never was too... open.

As we reach the building, I can notice that the West and East building are next to a lake. Oh god, I hate them so much. When I was young, someone pushed me into the lake "accidently". I will never forget that feeling, when you can't breathe, and you are close to the end...
Focus.
Right.

"We need to reach the fourth floor" Said Kuki in his usual cool voice.
"Hi" I said as we run into the second floor. When we reached, there were corpses everywhere.
"Look Yuma, there are more of them" Said a ghoul with a girly voice. She had a black hair and one black & red eye.
"Yes, sister. Let's move on so boss won't get mad" Said The so called "Yuma" ghoul.
"I will take him and you will take her" Said Kuki and moved with his Ginkui. I took out my Purple blade and moved towards the girly ghoul. Before I could notice the fight was over, leaving me covered blood and Kuki looked like he didn't fight at all.
"Mia, are you fine? You don't look well" Said Kuki.
I did felt a bit dizzy, but not too much.
"You are hurt" He said as he took my hand. My shoulder was bleeding.
He took out from his coat a piece of cloth and stopped the bleeding.
"We need to go back, let's go" He said and started to walk away.
Watch out he is going to get hurt!
I moved as fast as I can, but I didn't have enough time to take out my Quinque so I blocked the ghoul with my right hand. His teeth pierced deep into my skin and before I could know it, it took a bit of me.
"Mia!" Kuki yelled and pierced the ghouls head.
My hand was hurting like hell, but I felt something was wrong.
You need to get out.
"We-We need to get out" I said in a whisper as I held my hand close to me. He pull me up and we both started to run towards the steps but it was too late – a group of one eyed ghouls were already attacking us.
"Mia, you won't be able to fight with your bleeding. You need to get out and call for help" Said Kuki.
"No I will be fine i-"
Mia, you will die. Don't be stupid. Go. Run.