Chapter 8

- Chapter 8 -

As usual... Laura couldn't sleep. She put on her glasses and looked around Ross's room. It was pretty bright because of the moonlight shining directly into the room.

Laura turns her head to Ross's bed. He was laying there quietly, but she knew he was awake.

He was in the same situation as her.

Sleep deprived from a stupid breakup.

Laura shifts her gaze to the ceiling. She thought about what Kim and Ratliff both said. How they were such a perfect couple.

And... They really were.

Laura admits to herself that she missed those days dating Ross. He is so sweet and kind.

But, ever since they broke up, she arose this new side of Ross. A jealous, defensive, belligerent person.

Of course, at times, he would be the sweetest person in the world.

Like, when he helped her up the stairs and caught her when she fell. Ross was naturally a caring person.

Laura thought about the times in their relationship when Ross was pretty defensive, jealous, and highly competitive.

. . .

They were filming the second season of Austin & Ally, Campers & Complications.

Cody Christian had been practicing as Elliot with them for a while and they were on break right after Ally and Elliot's hug.

"You're a really good actress, Laura." Cody says.

"Aww, thank you! I think you're a good actor." Laura says.

Ross watched Cody carefully. He didn't like how flirty he was getting.

Was he inching closer to her!?

Cody didn't know Ross and Laura were dating and really seemed to like Laura. "Remember Back to You? It is always so fun filming with you. You get more beautiful by the day."

Laura blushes nervously. "Um, thanks." She says, looking down.

As if Ross wasn't right there, Cody asks the next question like it was nothing. "Laura, i think we belong together. Will you go out with me?"

"Um-." Laura starts but Ross takes matters into his own hands.

"EXCUSE ME!?" Ross asks him, loudly. "You did not just say that."

Cody turns to him. "I'm sorry but, i don't think i was asking you."

"It doesn't matter if you were asking me or not. The answer is no." Ross says.

"You can't make that decision for her. Clearly, you're jealous. I mean, why are you always with her?"

"That isn't any of your concern! So, you should just go-!" Ross starts, but Laura cuts him off.

"Ross! Calm down!" Laura says, putting her hand on his arm. She turns to Cody. "I'm sorry. It's a no. Ross and i are dating."

Cody looks stunned. "Oh... Well, give me a call if you change your mind." He says.

"You won't get a call." Ross tells him as Cody walks away.

Laura hits Ross's chest. "You need to calm down. I could have handled it myself."