Chapter 15

- Chapter 15 -

Ross barely woke up the next morning.

He was soo tired.

How long has it been since he slept? A week?

Ugh, he was too tired to think.

He had to get up soon anyway. Today is the day they leave for Paris.

Ross would be more excited if Laura was going. He had his proof planned already and it involved something romantic and Paris-y.

He groaned and sat up, looking to Ryland's bed where Laura used to sleep before Vanessa had to get all ignorant.

He missed Laura. He missed being close to her and joking around with her.

His heart started to hurt again.

Ross picks up his phone and texted Laura: i miss you. :(

A couple minutes passes by and then his phone pings.

He smiles, seeing her text: miss you too. Xoxo

Ross texts her back immediately: xoxoxoxo. I want you to come with us.

Laura texted back: can you get the door?

Ross looks at his phone, perplexed: what? You want me to go open the front door to my house?

He finishes texting as he gets downstairs and sees R5 --excluding Ratliff-- at the table eating breakfast.

"Did you sleep better?" Riker asks Ross as he walks by.

"No, not really. I kind of slept worse." Ross replies.

"What are you doing?" Rydel exclaims to Ross as he walks to the front door.

"I'm getting the door!" Ross shouts back.

Ross opens the door and he sees Laura standing there with her carry-on bag. "Laura!" He exclaims and hugs her really tight.

Laura hugs him back just as tight. "You have no shirt on." She smiles.

"I don't care! What the heck are you doing here!?" Ross exclaims.

R5 comes into view. "Laura! You're back!" Rydel says, hugging her.

"Did Vanessa let you go?" Riker asks.

"No, i just left. I mean, I'm almost eighteen. I'm almost ready to make decisions for myself." Laura tells them.

"You're sure you want to get yourself into this? You know you're going to get me in trouble too." Riker says. "For like, kidnapping you."

Laura laughs. "It's okay, Riker. I'll make sure no blame goes on you."

Riker smiles. "Okay, thanks, Laura."

Ross narrows his eyes at Riker. "Are you trying to flirt with her?" His voice is dead serious.

Riker looks at Ross and rolls his eyes. "Dude, no. You need to chill. Laura can have other guy friends. Not every guy she talks to is trying to flirt with her."

"Yeah, seriously, Ross. It's fine. Just calm down." Laura tells him.

Ross sighs. "I know. I know. I am sorry. I just can't control myself."

"Yes, you can." Rydel says. "Just don't think of every guy to be flirting with Laura."

Ross runs his hand through his hair. "Okay, i'll try."

. . .

Everyone was packing their things in the car when Ratliff finally comes.

Riker is the first to see him so, he turns away.

Rydel sees Riker look to Ratliff's direction. She immediately walks over to him.

Ratliff sees her and starts to turn away but Rydel grabs his arm. "Why didn't you answer my texts?"

Ratliff tries to pull away, lightly. "I don't think were allowed to talk to each other." He tells her.

"I talked to Riker about it. He said that it's fine." Rydel tells him. "Go ahead and talk to him."

"I don't like how he doesn't trust me. I'm not going to talk to him." Ratliff says.

Rydel looks to Riker trying to call him over. Riker shakes his head and looks away.

"I'm really happy you decided to come back for the trip." Rydel tells Ratliff and he smiles at her.

"Thanks. I mean, i guess, i wasn't really kicked out of the band. I wouldn't not show up." He replies.

"You should really just talk to Riker. He was stressed and he's cool with us dating now." Rydel tries to drag Ratliff to Riker.

Ratliff stays where he is. "No, Rydel!"

Ross, Rocky, and Laura get into the car after greeting Ratliff.

Riker packs the bags into the back of the car as Rydel tries to pull Ratliff toward him.

"Ratliff!" Rydel exclaims, struggling to get him to Riker. "How do you expect to get your bag to the back?" She asks him.

Ratliff thinks. "Maybe you could...?" He tells her.

Rydel pats his shoulder. "Have fun." She says and goes into the car.

Ratliff sighs. One way or another, he's gonna have to talk to him again.

Riker looks to Ratliff. "Dude, i'm sorry about last night." He tells him.

Ratliff lifts his bag into the back. "Yeah, yeah. Sure you are." He says.

"Seriously, i am. I was just being protective of Rydel." Riker tells him.

Ratliff closes the back. "I know and i'll respect that. But, the fact that you thought you needed to be protective of her is pretty much saying that you don't trust me. I mean, do you think i would hurt Rydel? You've known me for years!"

"I know. I'm sorry for not trusting you. And i guess, i should be a little less protective. She can make her own decisions. I shouldn't influence any of her things. So, i'm sorry." Riker tells him.

Ratliff considers him. "I could take more energy to be mad at you. But, why should we fight? It's stupid anyways."

Riker smiles. "So, are we cool?" He asks Ratliff.

Ratliff smiles too. "We're cool."

They hug and everything is finally all good.

----------------------------------------------
Not my favorite chapter... And it's short... Sorry.

Anyways... I'm back! Next chapter is coming out real soon. ;)

Voteeeee!

- allaboutraura