Chapter 10

- Chapter 10 -

Laura woke up late in the morning, surprised she actually got some sleep.

The room was brighter than usual; the sun was higher in the sky.

Laura looks to Ross's bed and sees he isn't there. Just great.

She hears noises downstairs. Everyone was probably already awake.

Laura sits up and takes some pain reliever pills. Her side wasn't hurting that bad, today. Maybe she would be able to walk on her own.

She gets up and puts on her glasses, not feeling any harsh pain strike her. But, when she starts walking, the pain slowly starts to seep in.

She walks down the stairs, being extra careful.

Laura looks into the living room and the dining room but, no one was there.

She heads to the kitchen and sees Vanessa. Vanessa looks up, surprised. "Wow, your walking. Don't need Ross anymore, then?"

Laura sits on a stool by the counter and shrugs. "It depends how much pain i'm gonna have over time."

Vanessa nods and goes back to washing dishes.

Laura taps her nails on the counter. "Where is everyone else?"

"The basement, doing rehearsals. You know, everyone ate breakfast."

"Oh, I guess i really overslept." She replies.

Vanessa looks at the clock. "Yeah, it's 12:47."

Laura looks at the bright overcast sky through the window, feeling distracted for some odd reason.

. . .

Riker, Ross, Ratliff, Rydel, and Rocky come upstairs from the basement. They immediately see Laura.

"Wow, how did you get downstairs?" Riker asks her.

"I walked...?" Laura answers the obvious.

"Duh." Rydel says. "But, it didn't hurt?"

"No, not really." Laura replies.

"Okay, Riker, i'm going now." Rocky says, walking to the door.

"Be careful." Riker tells him and Rocky leaves.

"He's still trying to find a girlfriend?" Vanessa asks.

"Yeah, he's not going to stop until he finds one." Ratliff says.

"Ugh, guys." Laura, Rydel and Vanessa say in unison, rolling their eyes.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Ross asks them, getting a cold water from the fridge.

"Guys are so hooked up on getting a girlfriend." Laura says.

"And girls aren't?" Ross asks her.

"Not as much. They have to wait for their guy. Most girls don't go and ask guys out themselves." Laura replies.

Rydel sighs. "You had it easy, Laura. If you were waiting for the guy of your dreams, you'd be determined to do anything."

"The guy of my dreams?" Laura asks, amused.

"Yeah, he already asked you." Ratliff says.

"Hmm, let's see..." Laura pretends to think about it.

Ross rolls his eyes at her. "Yeah, let's see. You've only had one boyfriend."

"True, true. Hmm." Laura says.

Riker looks them. "What is happening, right now?"

"Laura is pretending to not know the guy of her dreams is Ross." Rydel says.

"Ugh, i know, i know. But, there are so many guys in the world and i've never really thought of Ross to be the guy of my dreams." Laura says. She turns to Ross. "But, your a perfect guy."

He looks away, but smirks. He'd wish he'd been a little bit more perfect. Then, they wouldn't have broke up.

. . .

Rocky walked casually on the sidewalks of the boarding walk.

There were so many girls out. But, none really caught his eye.

He wasn't really worried about fans and paparazzi. He was too chill but determined to find some girl who was-.

Just then, some person ran into Rocky, causing him to fall over with the person on top of him.

"Dude! What the-!?" He stops short and realizes a girl ran into to him.

She had pretty, straight, long blonde hair and icy blue eyes. "Oh, i'm so sorry! I didn't see you." She says getting up.

Rocky sits up as she holds her hand out. The girl helps him up and he stares at her in awe. "Thanks..." He says, looking for the right words. She looked familiar. "D-do i know you?"

"Um, I don't think so but... Do you want to?" She asks him, smiling.

"Yeah." He laughs, nervously. "I'm Rocky."

"Elody." She giggles.

"Would you want to get something to eat with me?"

"I'd love to!" She exclaims.

. . .

At the Lynch house, they were watching a movie when Rocky comes in with Elody.

"Hey, guys." Rocky says.

Ross looks over and sees him with Elody. His eyes immediately widen.

Elody smiles, evilly at Ross.

"Cool! You got a girlfriend!" Riker says. "What's her name?"

"Elody." Rocky says, side hugging her.

"Crap, crap, crap, crap." Ross says under his breath to himself.

Laura looks at him. "Ross, isn't that-?"

"Yeah." Ross says, cutting her off. "She's using him. Elody told me that she'll get me back for 'using her'."

"Really? So you think she's going to bother you?" Laura asks him.

"Definitely." He replies.

"Is it cool if me and Elody watch with you guys?" Rocky asks.

"Yeah, go ahead." Ratliff says.

There was an empty seat next to Ross. Laura looks on the other side of him. She was sitting on the end. "Ross, switch real quick." Laura tells him.

He looks at Laura. "I don't really think that she would sit right-."

Elody sits right next to Ross. Laura sighs and sits back in her seat. "Told you." She breathes out.

Ross gets up. "Hey, Rocky? Can i talk to you for a quick second?"

Rocky was sitting on the other side of Elody. "Then, say it out loud." He says.

Ross pulls Rocky up. "Now." He says.

Rocky and Ross go out into the other room as Laura gets up to talk to Rydel. "That's the girl Ross used to try to make me jealous. Tell Riker and Ratliff." Laura tells Rydel.

"Oh, snap." Rydel says.

Elody narrows her eyes at Laura. "Um, I don't mean to be rude at all but, i think you're whispering skills kind of suck." She says, bitterly.

Laura narrows her eyes at her. "Well, i'm sorry. But, i don't think i was asking you." She tells her.

Elody plays with her nails. "I still don't understand why Ross would ever like you."

Laura, Rydel, Ratliff and Riker look at her in disbelief. "Um, excuse me. You don't know me or Ross and don't act like he even had a thing for you."

Elody looks at her, taken aback. But then, she wipes that expression off and rolls her eyes. Instead, she puts a snobby expression on.

Rydel, Ratliff, Riker and Laura look at each other like, 'what the heck is her problem?'

In the other room, Ross was talking to Rocky. Rocky gets angry at Ross. "Really? Are you really that stubborn?" He says.

"What? How am I stubborn? Just kick her out and find a new girlfriend!" Ross says, getting frustrated.

"No! I'm tired of this! You're just mad that i finally have a girlfriend and you're trying to do everything to stop me." Rocky says, angrily.

"What!? Why would i-?" Ross starts.

"Because just like what Riker said. He doesn't want me to have a stupid heart break like you." Rocky snaps. "But, unlike you, i'm not going to cry like a baby."

Laura unexpectedly comes to the doorway of the room.

Ross gets angry and pushes Rocky. "I don't cry."

Rocky pushes him back. "Yeah, right. If i punched you in the face, you'd start to bawl like a little kid."

Ross gets in his face. "Fine, show me. Go ahead and try to punch me in the face."

Laura comes into the room and breaks them apart. "Guys, stop."

"But, should i? I'm surprised you didn't start crying when Laura slapped you." Rocky says.

Ross gets really angry and tries to pass by Laura. But, she holds him back. "I don't know why you're mad at me. I'm just trying to tell you she's trying to use you to mess with me."

"Get out of your head. The world doesn't revolve around you. Haven't you even considered that she might like me? Or are you just to hung up on how you think all the girls love you?" Rocky says and then leaves.

Ross starts to go after him. "I do not think-!"

Laura rubs Ross's arm. "It's okay, Ross. Just calm down."

"Why is he getting mad at me? I didn't even do anything to him." Ross says.

"Don't worry about it. I told everyone else so they'll make sure to keep her away from you." Laura tells him.

"Will you?" Ross asks her.

"Of course. Why wouldn't I?" Laura says.

"Thanks. It's just that... Umm, never mind." Ross says.

Laura forgets about it and they walk over to the living room together.

Ross sends Laura a glance and he sits on the edge of the couch and Laura sits next to Elody.

Elody scoots a little bit away from Laura, rudely. She was irritated that Ross switches places with Laura.

Laura didn't care because they definitely weren't best friends.

Rocky frowns at Ross. Ross glares back at him.

Elody reaches for Rocky's and takes it, smiling him. He smiles back at her.

Laura rolls her eyes. Elody notices. "What? Are you jealous that you don't have a boyfriend?"

"No, i'm rolling my eyes at how fake you are." Laura says.

Ross takes Laura's hand. "And she does have a boyfriend."

"A slutty boyfriend." Elody mutters.

Laura gets angry and slaps her in the face. "You're the only slut here!"

Elody gasps at Laura for slapping her in the face. "You freaking b-!"

Rocky cuts her off by standing up. "Ross, would you keep control of your violent girlfriend!"

"I'm not violent!" Laura yells.

There is so much tension in the room, Rocky doesn't even know what he does next.

He goes over to Laura and is about to slap her but, Ross protects Laura by pushing Rocky down.

"What the heck!? We're you really going to slap Laura!?" Ross yells.

Rocky gets up angrily and punches Ross in the face.

Ratliff, Riker and Rydel get up.

Laura stops Rocky from advancing on Ross and hurting him more.

Riker holds Rocky back and Ross gets up with a bloody nose. Ratliff goes over to him making sure that he doesn't go and fight Rocky.

"Dude, calm down." Riker says strictly.

Rocky breaks away from Riker and looks to Elody. "Come on, Elody. There was nothing special here anyway."

Rocky brushes by Ross and him and Elody leave.

Rydel comes back from the kitchen with a wet paper towel and hands it to Ross.

He takes it from her. "Thanks." Ross wipes the blood from his nose.

Laura goes over to him. "You're bruising up again. Let me get you some ice."

"I'll come with you. I need more napkins." Ross says.

They go into the kitchen together and Laura goes into the freezer for some ice. Ross sits up on the counter.

"Thanks for sticking up for me." Ross says.

Laura looks over to him and puts the ice in a plastic sandwich bag. "Yeah, well, i wasn't just going to sit there and let her call you that. Plus, i can't stand her." She says, going over to him.

The side of Ross's face was red turning purple. It was the same side she slapped him. "Same side." Laura says.

Ross smiles. "Yay, me." He says, sarcastically.

Laura smiles at him and lifts the ice bag to his face and presses it against his skin, lightly.

"Oh, and Laura, you're totally violent." Ross says.

"No, i'm not! Shut up!" She laughs.

"Ow!" Ross says. "You're pressing too hard!"

"Sorry! Sorry!" Laura says.

Ross smiles. "I was totally joking."

Laura smiles at him and hits his chest. "Ugh."

After a while of silence, Laura speaks up again. "Ross, thanks for protecting me. I didn't think Rocky would actually slap me."

"He definitely lost his mind if he thought i was going to let him hit you." Ross says. "I'd protect you no matter what."

"Yeah, me too." Laura smiles at him.

-------------------------------------------

Sorry about the delay.

Sorry about the language.

Just sorry about this chapter.

But, VOTE? Please?

- allaboutraura