Chapter 16

- Chapter 16 -

After a couple of hours, they land in Paris.

The trip to the hotel was actually pretty quick.

Considering the fact that everyone was acting like their normal selves. Even Ross.

He was super confident in what he had planned for Laura to make her come back to him. He was definitely ready to get back with her since she seemed quite ready.

He thought about the real reason why he had to cancel on her that day. Only if she understood she would have totally... Understood?

He had to tell her. Their date was going to be right after the concert. He was sooo ready.

. . .

They enter the private hotel with all of their bags and Riker goes to check them in.

The rest of the group sits down in the hotel lobby, exhausted from running.

"Man, these Paris fans are insane! It's so awesome how they were waiting at the entrance of this hotel!" Rocky says, collapsing onto a comfy lounge chair.

"Dude! How did they find out we were staying here!?" Ratliff exclaims. "It's some real creepy stuff!"

Rydel laughs. "I don't think anyone told them. Fans are crazy."

Riker comes over to them. "Kay, guys. We're all set!"

Rocky groans. "Ughhh! I just sat down."

Riker gives him a look and rolls his eyes. "So, here are the room arrangements." He starts.

"Can't we choose our own rooms?" Ross asks him.

Riker turns to him. "No." He says. "Rydel and Laura. Ross and Ratliff. And then, me and Rocky."

Laura sighs. "I cannot believe Raini and Calum decided not to come. They said they would come."

"They didn't want to be in all of this drama." Ratliff tells her.

"But, isn't the drama over. Aren't Eric and Elody taken care of?" Laura asks.

Ross looks down. He only wishes the drama could end.

But then again, they live the celebrity life. There is no end to the drama.

No one answers Laura's question. That is when she knows that no one could be sure.

"We should probably just head up to our rooms then." Laura says, breaking the awkward silence.

Everyone nods, agreeing as they settle into their own rooms.

In Rydel and Laura's room, Laura is on her laptop as Rydel unpacks her clothes into a drawer.

Laura glances at Rydel. "Del, i thought we were staying for like two days. Not like two weeks." She says, followed by a small laugh.

Rydel gives her a look. "Laura, i need a variety to choose from. Plus, i have a lot of wardrobe changes." She smiles.

Laura rolls her eyes and smiles.

"So, what are you doing?" Rydel asks her, continuing to empty her bag.

"I'm on twitter, just scrolling through the feed and answering the fans." Laura says. "They are so awesome."

Rydel goes to Laura and sits next to her on her bed, looking at what she was typing. "You told them you're going to the R5 concert?" Rydel asks her, sounding more like a statement.

Laura answers, anyway. "Yeah, why not?" She exclaims.

"People will go crazy." She says. "Are you excited!?"

"Yeaaaaaah!" Laura exclaims. "I mean, who wouldn't be? I have like VIP access to the best band in the world!" She says, sing-songy.

Rydel smiles at Laura. "Guess who gets a best friend hug!?" She says in a tune.

"I bet its your best friend!" Laura says in the same tune.

They hug and laugh until Laura gets a text on her phone. They separate and Laura gets up to look at her phone.

Rydel squeals. "Ooh! Is it your future boyfriend?" She exclaims, talking about Ross.

Laura smiles excitedly as she flips open her phone and reads the text.

It was from Ross!!

Ross: oh hey, Elody! I did realize how big of a loser Laura is. I'm trying to play it cool and pretend to like her. Then, once I'm in, i'll just break her heart all over again. She'll be crushed and maybe she could quit Austin & Ally.
It's stupid how i actually used to like that needy brat. Whatever!
I'm in love with you now, Elody. I can't wait to see you! XOXO

Laura puts her phone down on the dresser, her smile fading. Ross couldn't have wrote this. She couldn't believe it.

She had to find out what this was about.

Laura quickly heads to the door and Rydel gets up. "Laura, are you okay? What was the text about?"

Laura avoids eye contact with her. Her eyes were starting to water. "Um, nothing. It was just some text from my mom about how I'm doing. I'm going to go outside and get some air."

"Do you want me to come with you?" Rydel asks, cautiously.

Laura fake smiles. "Nah, it's okay, Del. I'll be back in a second."

Rydel worries about her and nods as Laura leaves the room and goes down the hall to Ross and Ratliff's room.

She knocks on the door and Ratliff opens it. "Hey, Laura, are you okay?" Ratliff asks her, noticing her watery eyes.

"Yeah, it's just my allergies." She lies, trying to cover up. "Is Ross here? I want to talk to him."

Ratliff shakes his head. "No. He said something about going outside."

Laura nods. "Okay. Thanks, Ratliff. See you in a bit."

Ratliff smiles. "Yeah, tell Rydel that were going to meet in the lobby before the concert... Actually, i'll swing by the room and walk down with you guys in a couple minutes."

Laura fake smiles and leaves, hurrying outside. She turns a corner and she sees them.

Elody and Ross kissing.

Ross's back was turned away from Laura. So, he couldn't see her.

Laura's heart shatters once again. She couldn't believe she actually fell for that jerk again. She couldn't believe he had her fooled.

Her eyes water and Laura starts to break down as she hurries away, trying to wipe the tears from her face.

Laura catches an empty taxi near the hotel and gets in.

"Where are you going, miss?" The taxi driver asks.

Laura couldn't stop the tears from flowing out. "I don't care. Just take me anywhere. Anywhere but here." She sobs, her voice cracking.

The taxi driver nods. "Hopefully, i'll take you somewhere that will make you feel better." He says and starts driving.

Laura curls up in the back and sobs.

She hated Ross, now. She hated him for breaking her heart again.

Not anymore. Never again will he be able to break her heart again.

. . .

Ross walks around the corner of the hotel and sees Elody and some new blonde guy making out.

He rolls his eyes.

Elody notices him. She doesn't even make a snobby comment. She just smiles.

Ross narrows his eyes at her and wonders what she would be smiling at.

He shrugs and walks back into the hotel as a girl who looked a lot like Laura got in a taxi cab.

If Elody was trying to make him jealous, it wouldn't work. Ross only had one girl on his mind.

Laura Marie Marano.

He heads to Rydel and Laura's room to tell Laura about their date later.

Rydel meets him down in the lobby as he enters the building. "Ross! How could you!?" She yells at him.

She was holding Laura's phone.

"What? Why do you have Laura's phone?" Ross asks, confused.

"Don't you 'what?' me! The text you accidentally sent Laura!" Rydel showing him the text.

Ross's eyes quickly skim over the text. His eyes widen. "That's not me! I went outside just a minute ago to look for my phone!"

Rydel's eyes widen. "Laura just went outside!"

"I think i saw her!" Ross exclaims. "Rydel! I'll be back in time for the concert! I need to talk to Laura!"

Rydel nods. "Hurry!"

Ross runs outside and sees Laura's cab leave.

He runs over to an empty cab. He notices the taxi driver turning down other people. "Can you follow that taxi cab? I really need to get someone."

The taxi driver takes him, instantly. Ross gets in the car wondering why the taxi driver took him not other people. Was it because he was famous?

Whatever. He didn't care, right now. He only cared about getting Laura and telling her the truth.

---------------------------------------------
Oooooh! I gave you one of my famous cliffies! (Cliffhanger)

Sorry!! XD

I'm trying to give you some strong ending chapters.

I really want to end this but wow i didn't know i would pull through.

Hope you liked it.... Vote if you want some moreee!

-allaboutraura