Chapter 18

- Chapter 18 -

After staying for another day in Paris, they go back to California.

Ross stops the car in front of Laura's house and sighs. He gives her a long look before speaking.

Laura takes a deep breath. "Vanessa is going to kill me."

Ross nods. "No kidding. Are you sure you don't want to just want to stay at my house?"

Laura nods. "I'm going to have to face my sister one way or another. Plus, i have to get changed in some different clothes for Austin & Ally today."

Ross nods. "Good luck and see you at the set." He presses his lips against hers.

They break apart and Laura smiles at him. She opens the door to Ross's car, grabbing her bag and then closes the door.

Laura takes another deep breath as she approaches her front door. She hesitates for a moment, wondering what Vanessa would really do to her.

She turns around to Ross, who was still in his car, waiting for her to go in. She smiles reassuringly to him and gives him a small wave.

He waves back to her and Laura unlocks the front door, opening it.

She steps into the house and closes the door behind her.

Then, out of nowhere, Vanessa comes from the side of her and hugs Laura super tight.

Laura staggers at Vanessa's impact. "Whoa. Um... Did i miss something?"

Vanessa lets go of her sister. "I was so worried about you. I'm really sorry!"

"Sorry for what?" Laura asks her, putting her bag down.

"For being such a jerk! I shouldn't have tried to keep you away from Ross. You two are meant to be. I'm happy that you went and made me realize that i shouldn't take things from you just because i was mad at Riker. I'm really sorry, Laura."

Laura smiles and hugs Vanessa. "I'm happy you understand now, Ness. You know i can't live without Ross."

Vanessa pulls back and smiles at her. "So, what is up between you and Ross?"

Laura blushes. "We're back together."

Vanessa smiles. "Good."

"Okay, so, we're going back to the set today and filming where we left off at. Do you want to come?" Laura asks her.

"Sure. I'll apologize to Ross." She says.

. . .

Later, they arrive at set.

Vanessa immediately goes to Ross's dressing room.

When she opens the door, she sees R5 there too.

The first person she sees is Riker but she quickly looks away from him as their gazes meet.

Vanessa walks over to Ross. "Hey, Vanessa." Ross says, nervously.

"Hi." She replies. "Listen, I just wanted to say I'm sorry for trying to separate you and Laura. I'm glad you two are back together."

"Thanks," Ross says to her.

She smiles at him before leaving his dressing room.

As she walks out of the room, Riker follows her. "Vanessa, wait."

She turns around. "What?"

"I'm sorry i didn't have faith in us. I was really stressed out with the whole thing and i just went mad. I'm not sure why i said all of those things because I'm not a fortune teller. I actually do have faith in us. And i think it would be nice to get another chance." Riker says.