Chapter 1: A new beginning

Disclaimer. All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc., are property of their respective owners. All rights to Twilight Characters and settings, etc. go to Stephenie Meyer. Except my characters. You may find a few things that are from the movie. Please let me know if you enjoy the story.

Katherine's POV

Darkness is all around me.  I have lived and died in the dark, no light to guide me out.  Not till I found...Him.  My name is Katherine Chambers and this is my story of how I fell in love with Jasper Hale.  Before I go into that so quickly, let me properly introduce to you who and what I am.  You see, I was human once, even in love.  But I was betrayed.  Connor Woods was his name and I loved him so much.  But, all he cared about was sex, drugs, and greed.  He was so handsome.  Dark hair, deep brown eyes, and a body that was rock hard.  He tricked me, had my death set out.  Even had me raped by his gang members.  My soul was too damaged to pass on to the afterlife and I was given a choice.  A choice to seek revenge, but there was a price.  I was to become a solider to the mother of the supernatural creatures.  No, not a moon goddess, she was more powerful than the moon goddess.  Helena is her name and she is one of the most beautiful beings I ever seen.  She calls me her daughter.  In a way, I was.  She gave me a position to be a guardian of the element Earth.  I rule the creatures of nature; I can control the plants and animal life to do my deeds.  I was given a wolver, like a familiar which is a cat, but this was a wolf.  A beautiful black wolf with emerald green eyes that could light up through a dark forest, the wolf to be my eyes and ears.  My guide.  My friend.  Mother says my journey is a long one, many enemies will try and stop me, but they will never conquer for I am stronger than any creature.  By the way, Connor was taken care of greatly.  I saved him for last after I finished off his gang members.  Oh, did I forget to mention that my kind is like vampires?  We only feed on those who carry stains on their souls.  The ones who murder, who carry no conscious.  The innocent will be spared.  I drained Connor slowly and snapped his neck like a twig.  I learned that if our kind bites someone, they must be destroyed or our venom will turn them into a species called Butchers.  They are like the rouges of our kind.  Pure evil.  After learning about them, I have been extremely careful with my kills. 

I wasn't alone on my journey.  Over the years, mother and father, her mate, chose several others to join me.  Like, Dax.  Dax was a single father at the age of 18 who had a son.  His girlfriend died from childbirth and it was just him and his son, Remy.   But, sadly, when Remy was 3, they had a run in with a gang when they were living in Los Angeles.  Dax had to watch his own son be gunned down in front of him before they killed him.  Mother and father chose him to be a guardian of the West, his element was water.  His animal guide was the bat.  In this case, the water bats. He called them his children.  Children of the night, what music they make, especially when they feed.  Like a family, they feed as one.   He could manipulate water to do whatever he wanted.  Even could create wormholes to teleport anywhere he wanted, just as long as there was water to open up another hole.  We became good friends. 

Next was Oriel.  We found her dead in an alley in Las Vegas.  She was a runaway, barely 18.  Mother saw in her dead eyes that she was a lost soul.  Betrayed by a loved one like I was.  Mother gave her the position to be a guardian of the South.  Element power was Fire.  She could both ignite fire and compel it with just thought.  She comes in handy when we finish our victims, after we drain them all, she blows them the kiss of death that makes their bodies burn from the inside out and turn them into ashes.  Her watcher was a familiar, the black cat.  I think the black cat was the most deadly in our gang.  But, we were all dangerous predators. 

Last but not least, Cin, a 17 year old trust fund brat who was found buried alive.  A woman he thought loved him was only after his money.  His best friend and she plotted to have him killed and steal every last bit of his money.  You could say now his grave wasn't so empty .  I think we could still hear her screaming even after we left.  How I wanted to drain her but Cin wanted her to suffer.  Father gave him the position for guardian of the East.  Element was Air.  He ruled the skies and the wind.  His watcher, the Hunters, hawks.