Chapter 4: La Push

To recap: Katherine was born in 1981, died in 1999. Dax was born in 1980, died in 1998. Cin was born in 1982, died in 1999. Oriel was born in 1982, died in 1999. They were all in their 18s and 17s when they were turned.

Katherine's POV

(Kat's outfit for La Push)

Bella decided to go on with her friends to La Push Beach and I decided to join her. Before the trip, Dax and I talked to mother and father. It turns out they both knew we were fated to be mated to vampires. It sucks at times when mother knows more than we do.

As the boys, Jessica and Britney all got ready to go out and surf, Angela, Bella and I sat in the van to keep warm.

"It's freezing!" The boys complain.

"Well, we're paddling out." Jessica smirks.

"Yeah, you guys are such, babies." Brittney giggles in a high pitch that had me wincing and rolling my eyes.

Angela kept a blanket wrapped around her, Bella nibbled on Twizzlers. Dax, Cin, and Oriel joined us.

Cin comes out in his wet suit with Dax, carrying surfboard, "It's been years since I got on a board. Last time I surfed was with Andy Irons." (Andy Irons was a famous surfer in the 90s and early 2000s. He passed away in 2011. I never heard of him but I needed a surfer. Since Cin was a trust fund brat he rubbed elbows with famous people even in death.) Cin says softly to Dax.

"When was that?" Dax asks.

"2001, I think. No, 2002. What a year." Cin whistles in amazement and chuckles at the memories, "I banged this hot chick who won Miss Hawaii, biggest coconuts." Cin gestures at his chest to show Dax how big, Dax smacks his head.

"So, I keep thinking Eric is gonna ask me to the prom, and then he just doesn't." Angela frowns and sighs softly.

Bella nips on a twizzler, "You should ask him. Take control. You're a strong, independent woman." Bella says.

Angela gives a small smile and rests her head against the side of the interior of the van, "I am?" She asks as she feels a little unsure of herself.