Chapter 8: Meet the Family

Katherine's POV

(Kat's outfit ^^^)

(Kat's outfit ^^^)

(Dax's Outfit ^^^)

(Dax's Outfit ^^^)

The next day, Dax and I were getting ready for meeting The Cullens. I had a feeling Dax was more nervous than I was. I hear footsteps and I see Dax wearing a tight button up blue shirt and I give him a funny look.

Dax looks down at his shirt and winces at me, "Too much?"

"Eh, a little. We're just having dinner at their house, not the Hilton." I said sarcastically.

He growls in frustration and starts unbuttoning the shirt, "I can't help it. I'm nervous. I haven't 'met the parents' since 12 years ago." He throws the shirt into a hamper and I saw he was wearing a white long sleeve shirt under it.

"Wait. That's perfect. Very causal." I stop him from taking it off.

"Really?" He asks.

I nod, "All you need is a jacket." I said.

He sighs anxiously and nods, "Ok."

I stop him before he leaves, "By the way, have you told Alice about..." I trail off.

Dax's eyes begin to fill with pain and I began to regret my question, "No. If I tell her, then I would need to tell her everything. Until Mother takes off this stupid restrain, I'm going to tell her." Then, he leaves to grab a jacket from his room.

I sigh and see Midnight looking up at me, tilting her head with curiosity, "Well, Midnight. Time to meet the parents."

She bows a little as her eyes glowed bright, neon green.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We headed over to Bella's house to wait for Edward and Jasper. But when Edward drives up, I didn't see Jasper. Which caused me to frown deeply.

Edward gets out of the car and helps us get into the back, sending me an apologetic look, "Jasper couldn't be here. Alice had a vision that he was going to lose control in the car. It's a long ride to the house and him being in the car with Bella..." He trails off.